Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Thursday, 10 January 2013

A New Start

Hello everyone. It is wonderful to be a part of such a wonderfully diverse group of stitchers. I just wanted to thank Joanne for helping me sign up. I started stitching in my teens but then had to stop for quite a number of years. I have only just recently started stitching again and quickly gained confidence and wanted to branch out into more complicated and challenging patterns and materials. I first found the Scarlet Letter website after reading Nicola's blog regarding her Scarlet Letter Year. I fell in love with some of the patterns and quickly purchased three I thought might be able work. I am working on ABCD 1817 - a miniature sampler
I went ahead and purchased a kit so that I would have everything I needed. I pulled out the fabric and prepared the edges. I turned on my normal lamp and had to pull out my Otte Light. Next thing I knew I had the material 2 inches from my nose trying to figure out where to put my needle. This particular sampler is being worked on 30 count unbleached linen over one. Needless to say I didn't get very far. I ran out today to pick up a magnifier so that I can actually work on this piece. I think once I can see each stitch things will go much faster. Hopefully by next week's post I will have been able to have stitched more.
Ta Ta for now, Angela CG in GA

5 comments:

EvalinaMaria said...

And I thought that stitching over one on 25ct was hard! It is a lovely sampler you're working on, keep these needles moving!

Nicola said...

I am so pleased you joined Angela.

I could not stitch without my glasses and occasionally my magnifier too.

Thank you so much for participating.

Dawn said...

I love this sampler. I completed mine with the aid of magna glasses. It is a favorite of mine.
Keep up the great work - it is worth it.
Thank you for sharing!

Starry-eyed stitcher said...

This is a little beauty and will be so worth the effort. Good luck. Irene xxx

Elizabeth said...

This is such a pretty sampler Angela.