Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Thursday, 10 January 2013

A post for Irene




This is Diligence, the sampler I have chosen to stitch for the challenge. My friend Anne - who will be writing separately - and I chose it for the border, especially the daisy corners and the verse. That little figure at the door is interesting too. Who can he be?


We live in Hartlepool, a coastal town in the North East of England, about 350 miles north of London.



We are a little late in starting, in fact our sampler kits are winging their way across the Atlantic Ocean as we speak, so really - perhaps everyone else should stop stitching now so that Anne and I can catch up!



Too much to ask?



OK. We will just relax and enjoy the project, however long it takes us.



We are so looking forward to it and to watching the progress we and others make.

7 comments:

Nicola said...

A very warm welcome Irene from another UL blogger.

Diligence is a very beautiful sampler
that I have in my stash and I too hope to stitch her in this year.

Thank you for participating.

Brenda in WI said...

LOL Irene - you are very funny. Love that - we all need a little humor in our lives. No, I will not stop stitching so you can catch up. LOL I stitch so slow that it will take you no time to catch up to me. Glad to see you are joining this wonderful group of SL stitchers. Have a great time.

Kim Hummel said...

HaHa. You are too funny. Hope your kit gets to you quickly.
That is an interesting figure in the doorway. Is he coming or going?

Carmen Sutton said...

Hey Irene, glad to see you and Anne on board! I was worried that the final decision of which sampler to stitch was just to much when I did not hear back from you. I see that you made a wonderful choice and I'm sure as much stiching as you get done you will have no trouble catching up with the rest of us!

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Hello Irene,

Cute.

Sorry, can't stop stitching.
I must stitch. I live to stitch.

Happy to have you and your good friend Anne stitching with us.

Great sampler choice!

Barbara

Lanie said...

Welcome, Irene! Lovely choice for your start. That border is fabulous.

Elizabeth said...

Hello Irene. You have chosen such a lovely sampler. Hope it arrives soon.