Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Monday, 14 January 2013

A start, a false start and progress...

Greetings all. First I want to say again that I am so happy to be a part of this effort. Thank you to Nicola and Jo for organizing it. I am continually inspired and encouraged by the work I see. It is truly wonderful that a group of people all across the world can come together in this way.

When I joined the group I had thought to work on two large monochromatic pieces, Jane Rees and Ann Grimshaw. I started both on New Year's Day. Jane started out on a piece of hand painted linen that I quickly discovered was too yellow. So I restarted her on a piece of cream 35 count linen (she is going to be huge). She is stitched in an HDF custom red. So far I have gone all the way across the top row with her.


On to Ann Grimshaw. Sadly, I have decided to abandon my second go with her. Hopefully the third time will be the charm. The first was too drab and second just doesn't click in my mind. I've decided to stitch her over one and am waiting for my order of 25 count Colmar (my favorite fabric for over one stitching) to arrive. At that point I will commence start number three. Here is as far as I got the second time, in HDF Rum Cherry on PTP Fog.


As I am trying to finish a long languishing WIP that is also a monochrome, life was feeling a little two dimensional so I dug around in my stash and came up with a hidden jewel of a chart, Maria Theresa Wilkinson.


I am enjoying stitching this sampler so much that I begin to wonder if this kind of fun is legal.

She is done on 40 count Lakeside Linen Vintage Sand Dune with HDF silks.

Thank you again to everyone for your continual inspiration and friendship.

Heather


5 comments:

Starry-eyed stitcher said...

I love your start on Ms Wilkinson, so pretty. I hope your final linen choice will inspire you to start Ann Grimshaw again. Irene xxx

Lanie said...

Hi Heather! I am so excited to see you working on Maria Theresa. I've had her in my inventory for a couple of years and until recently forgot she was a SL sampler. She is now on my list (possibly my next start) for this year.

Can't wait to see more of your progress.

Nicola said...

You have such beautiful projects on the go.

How difficult is it to source linen in Korea or do you order it from the States?

Bhooma said...

Heather, I love your Wilkinson. I am going to add this to my wishlist. Of course I love your start on Jane Rees ( This shouldn't be a surprise to you :)) Can't wait to see your next progress pictures. Hopy you decide on the fabric fro Grimshaw.

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Lovely starts.

I look forward to your progress.