Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Wednesday, 23 January 2013

Ann Hair update

My third attempt at stitching this sampler has definitely been the charm.  Here is my progress as of this morning. 


My progress is slow because of all the over-one (mainly on the verses).  There are six of these long verses.  I have just a little bit more to do on the large bird band--mainly filling in the three vases with long and short stitches.

I  have a problem with the lower leaves on the flowers in the three blue vases.  I've drawn arrows below to show the problem.  On the chart, only the flower on the far left has this filled in and the color doesn't look anything like that on the photo.  The other two flowers don't have any symbols there, but on the model photo, there is definitely some stitching.  I've tried unsuccessfully to find a photo of the original sampler.  Please let me know if you have any ideas where I can find a good photo of the antique.  I've looked in Carol Humphrey's book and also at the Fitzwilliam Museum's website but to no avail..



I'm putting Ann aside for a few weeks while I work on some other projects, but she'll be back next month.

14 comments:

Lanie said...

Wow Ellen you've made great progress and Ann is looking beautiful!

Erica said...

That is quite a lot of progress! Looks great!

Krista said...

Amazing progress, Ellen! This is a beautiful sampler.

Brenda in WI said...

Hi Ellen - I am doing Ann also and I have filled in the other two urns with the same color as the first one. On my picture on the kit it shows that they are filled in with the same color. That could have been a mistake that those were not filled in on the chart.

Jennifer H said...

Ellen,

What a beautiful sampler! How lucky on the 3rd time too. :)

Looking forward to seeing more of your progress and others too on the Blog 2. :D

Hugs and Love,
Jennifer H

Tommye said...

Gorgeous!

Kathy said...

Great progress and a gorgeous sampler.

llknbillburg said...

This is more beautiful every time I see it! I am trying to resist but it may have to go on the list!! Laura

Stitch Wizard said...

You really have made such wonderful progress on this gorgeous sampler. I love these colors. I hope you get this figured out on the leaves. So so pretty!

ilana kaye said...

It looks wonderful. I look forward to seeing your progress.

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Determination is everything.

Ann is beautiful!

Fill in the areas if you want to.
I think it will only add to the beauty.

Barb

Ellen said...

Ann is gorgeous! You make amazing progress!

Hugs,

Nicole said...

Beautiful progress Ellen!!

Inguna said...

Very beautiful! I love it!