Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Saturday, 12 January 2013

Back to Rachel Jarratt

I had three different WIPs going when I joined the stitchalong.  One down, so back to the second:

Rachel Jarratt


30-count Legacy Linen with AVAS silks.  I'm having two problems with it at the moment.  Some of the ways she used her colors are jarring to my taste (wait, you mean I can change them?  That was a whole new idea, considering that this was my third project).  So far I've been following the pattern as written, but that may change.
My second problem is the discovery that stitching counted satin filling ranks right up there with watching paint dry.  There's quite a lot of it.  I can do it only so long, and then have to skip off to something more interesting.

Kate

6 comments:

Fiona said...

Your progress, so far, looks great. If switching about keeps you motivated, there is no reason why you shouldn't.

Nicola said...

I agree with Fiona.

What you have done so far is stunning.

Gabi said...

Rachel is looking really pretty. Curious what color changes you will make.

Martha S said...

Rachel is really coming along. I like how you do the outline first and then fill in. Beautiful job.

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Hang in there, Kate! I do the same thing. If I get bored with an area, I just find another one that's interesting and go for it. Kinda like a reward or sorts. :)

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Ditto...

Whatever helps motivate you.

She looks lovely.