Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Tuesday, 29 January 2013

Coloring Inside the Lines, Part 1

After stitching 1026 eyelets in a myriad of colors, the eyelet arch band is colored in.

Dorothy Walpole

Dorothy Walpole, eyelet band detail

Dorothy Walpole, eyelet band detail
 
I enjoyed stitching this band - there is something rhythmic that is soothing about repeating the same stitch over and over to fill a space.  You get to a point where your mind relaxes and your hands just continue on.  This is why stitching relaxes me!  Plus, there was no counting, just filling in.
 
On to the flamestitch band - yippee, another coloring exercise!
 
Until next time, keep stitching.
 
Sharon H


15 comments:

Nikki said...

Beautiful....can't wait to get to this point on my Dorothy Walpole.

Nikki

Nicola said...

1026 !!!!!! amazing, I didn't realise.

I find stitching very therapeutic, the hours fly by and often I look at the clock and find it is way past bedtime.

Brenda in WI said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. I too can't wait until I get to that point.

Vera said...

This is so beautiful...but 1,026??? OMG that is a TON of eyelet stitches!!

Marsha said...

Those are beautiful stitches.

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

1,026 beauties.

I don't usually count them.
I really don't want to know.

I am going to do the rice stitch when I do mine. :-)

llknbillburg said...

So beautiful! And I am so jealous! I will be back to work on this one as soon as I finish Ann Grimshaw!! Your work is so lovely! Laura

Ellen said...

Gorgeous! I love that band of eyelets and the bargello to follow!
I am still stitching the one over one verse, very slow going ha ha!

Hugs,

Elizabeth said...

Lovely work Laura. This is coming along beautifully.

Krista said...

1026!? wow! and they all look gorgeous!

Starry-eyed stitcher said...

There are times when 'colouring in' is just what is needed. This is looking beautiful. Irene xxx

Mindi said...

Oh my that's a lot of eyelets, but they look gorgeous.

Lelia said...

incredible amount of eyelets And, beautiful!

Kerri said...

You are making amazing progress! I am still working on doing the black outline in this area. I had to abandon the verse until my eyes get a little rest.

It looks lovely!

Tommye said...

Well done! Love the color combinations. What a fun piece to stitch. Thanks for sharing your progress.