Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Monday, 21 January 2013

Dorothy in TX

It finally stopped raining here so I was able to get a pretty good picture of Dorothy Walpole.  Seeing so many wonderful finishes and being part of this great, supportive community has really motivated me to keep working on my sampler.

I picked Dorothy back up on New Year's day.  So far I have accomplished more this year in the last 3 weeks than all of last year.  I hope to finish up the Satin Stitch letters this week.  After that I will alternate between the Rice Stich area and the over one verse.  I can't stitch on that area after working all day since my eyes are too tired.  So it will take me some time to get these two areas completed.  Here is a snap of what I have finished.  The color of the linen is more accurate int he close up photo.  It looks a lot lighter in the one below.

Kerri
Here's a close up of the area I am working on.  I still need to finish up the Queen, Herringbone and Eyelet dividing bands.  Please excuse the shadow from my working thread.  I am still learning how to take photos and get the colors pretty accurate.

11 comments:

Deb said...

It's beautiful Kerri! Queen stitches and Eyelets always take so much more time than other stitches, but your piece is looking wonderful!

Angela Cruz-garcia said...

Beautiful.

Krista said...

Gorgeous detail work.

Lanie said...

So pretty Kerri!

Miss Pants said...

Oh I love the specialty stitches!

Don't worry about the photos and colors. I try and try, it just next does the piece justice.

Nicola said...

Dorothy looks amazing especially in her close up photo. WOW.

Vera said...


So beautiful!!

Kathy said...

Very pretty work and I really like the fabric color your picked for this.

Ellen said...

Gorgeous! I just started on the 1over 1 verse too!

Hugs,

Starry-eyed stitcher said...

This is going to be so lovely. Queen stitches are the bane of my life. Technically I can do them, but they look so raggedy! Irene xxx

Kerri said...

I didn't include this in my post, but the fabric is 40 ct Lentil by Lakeside. The silks are a custom conversion by "The Attic"