Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Sunday, 20 January 2013

Dorothy Walpole

Here is the progress this week on Dorothy. I didn't work on her for the two weeks that we were on holiday and it was so much fun to pick her back up this week. This picture really emphasizes the muted colors and the distressed linen and I think I do like it. I need to work on a couple of other things so I am going to force myself to only work on her a couple of times a week, but it will be hard. This sampler is one of those that you just want to keep on working because every time you work on it you realize how beautiful it is.

I am anxious to get to the flame stitch, that is stunning. I like this row that I have started now, it's Rice Stitch, which I enjoy working, much better than the endless eyelets that have been put in so far!!

6 comments:

Nicola said...

Your Dorothy is looking good and you have made excellent progress. I find rice stitch an enjoyable one.

I am looking forward to seeing the flame stitch section with your thread choice.

Lanie said...

Another beautiful Dorothy! Love that you are doing yours with muted colors on distressed linen. The flame stitch area is what first got my attention; I'm really looking forward to seeing yours!

Krista said...

Love the progress you have made! It looks beautiful!

Elaine said...

I love your choice of fabric!

Kaisievic said...

Gorgeous!

Kerri said...

Iput Dorothy away because I dreaded doing any more of those eyelets, but now that I am to the verse, that is a pretty tough area also.

Yours looks wonderful so far. Can't wait to see more.