Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Friday, 25 January 2013

Emma Miles

I am very happy to say that I have the first color of the border completed all the way around, and it met the first time!!!  I used the "do 9 half stitches and cross the 10th" method for more accurate counting, but I was still surprised that it ended up correctly.  I need to put Emma aside to work on a wedding sampler, but I am hoping to be back to Emma within 2 or 3 weeks.

I have been really enjoying reading both of these blogs and seeing the amazing array of samplers!  Thank you Nicola.

8 comments:

Krista said...

Yay! Always great when the border meets all the way around. I had never heard of that method but will remember it for the future.

Nicola said...

Your tip to cross the tenth is a great one and I have already put it to good use. It makes long rows so easy to stitch to the right number.

Well done on your border meeting up, it is always a relief.

Lanie said...

Happy day when the counting is perfect! Great tip...this is first I have heard it.

Kathy said...

So happy for you that the border met. Great method for counting.

Elizabeth said...

I love Emma Miles - she is on my to do list some day. Thank you for the great tip for counting.

HollyXSing said...

Congrats! What a great feeling when the border meets at the end!

Good luck on the wedding sampler!

Happy Stitches,

-Holly in VA

Jean P said...

Well done! I've been using your counting tip-thanks for sharing.

Marsha said...

It's so exciting when those borders meet up. Congrats! It is a big deal that only another stitcher 'gets'.