Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Tuesday, 22 January 2013

Finally A finish

I have to say that I never knew I would need a magnifier. I always figured my eyes were good enough for any fabric. That is until I started SL's ABCD 1817 on 30 count unbleached linen with every stitch one strand of floss over one thread. After the first row (where I am still not sure if I crossed every "X") I put this on aside. A week later I finally purchased my magnifier and worked on a valentine exchange to allow my eyes time to adjust. I completed the piece. Then I picked this one back up. I only put it down one night as my eyes decided they were too tired. I have to admit that I enjoyed every stitch. The only problem I had is that I used the wrong color on two letters and didn't have enough for another letter later on. I had to substitute another color. I don't think that the color change on the one letter detracts too much. Now onto the finished picture:

 
 
Since this piece is so small I think I am going to make a pillow out of it. Now I just have to decide if I am going to start SL's AW 1662


 or An Acrostic Sampler
 
 
Any suggestions?
 
Ta Ta for now,
Angela CG

12 comments:

Kathy said...

I think your sampler looks great. Love the colors on the linen you chose.

As for a pick of the next one to stitch I vote for AW 1662. Have fun deciding.

brod'attitude said...

Very nice

Nicola said...

Well done on your finish she looks beautiful and I could not see where the issue with the colour was.

I have the AW1662 chart and it is particularly gorgeous so this is the one that I would go for but you must pick the one that speaks to you, You could always do both. LOL.

~mj~ said...

Gorgeous sampler and beautiful stitching! I can`t see where there is a different colour and I really looked. It`s lovely!!

Christine said...

Wonderful finish!

Starry-eyed stitcher said...

Such a sweet little sampler beautifully worked. Irene xxx

ilana kaye said...

Beautiful finish and another vote for AW1662:)

Lanie said...

Congratulations Angela on completing your ABCD...quite an accomplishment over 1! This will make a charming pillow.

Your next 2 choices look great! hmmmm....AW 1662 is lovely and the history of the Acrostic sampler is very interesting. I don't think I have seen or studied one of those before.

Enjoy!

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Your finished sampler is adorable!

I'm with Nicola - work on both.
Start with AW 1662, if she starts to give trouble, then you can work on the Acrostic sampler.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great finish! I am very short sighted so I just take my glasses off and stitch really close to my face!!

Lelia said...

Lovely finish. Not sure what you will pick up next, both are awesome pieces!

Stitch well.

carolm said...

I vote for AW...Youwill doan excellent job......