Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Friday, 11 January 2013

Finally a start!

Hello everyone.  My name is Loraine, and I live in Northern Utah, in the United States.  I am so delighted to be a part of Nicola's Scarlett Letter year.  She is a fabulous stitcher, and I admire everything that she accomplishes.  I hope this is a wonderful experience for her and Jo, and I want to thank them for letting me be a part of this Stitch-A-Long.

I have had a hard time picking out a project to do!  There are so many great samplers to choose from, and I have to say that I have been fence sitting for a month now.  Out of desperation I started a small sampler from my stash, ABCD 1817.  I did not buy the kit, so I am using my own conversion of NPI threads.  I wanted this sampler to match some of the other things that I have in my house.  I absolutely love the color red, so I had to include that in my sampler.  I'm not a purist when it comes to reproductions.  I will change colors or rearranging a design to fit my own personality and taste.  I figure I'm the one that has to look at it for the next several years. 

ABCD 1817 Stitched with NPI silks on 32 count Apple Bindy Brown by R&R Reproductions.

Here is my progress the last couple of nights.
I am enjoying this little sampler, and when it's complete I am going to start on Dorothy Walpole.  I have been debating back and forth between Dorothy and Helen Vertue, and I may have to work on both at some point.

I love reading about all of your samplers and progress.  You have all inspired me.  Happy Stitching. 

7 comments:

Deb said...

You're off to a great start Loraine!!! I love this little sampler and the over one stitches! This shouldn't take you long and you'll be on to either Dorothy or Helen before you know it.

Lanie said...

Welcome Loraine! Great start on this sweet sampler. Love your silk conversion against the linen you are using!

Nicola said...

I also love red in a sampler. Either Dorothy or Helen will be gorgeous samplers. I have both charts and they are high in my to stitch list.

You have made a good start and I think a finish will not be too long coming.

Thank you so much for participating.

Elizabeth said...

This is so sweet Lorraine and the colours you are working with are beautiful.

brod'attitude said...

Welcome

Tommye said...

I love this piece! Great start, Lorraine.

Dawn said...

I adore this sampler - one I have sompleted and framed. I did it in the 1990's from their kit.
Love seeing your progress!!