Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Thursday, 10 January 2013

Hello...

Hi Everyone,

Thank you to Nicola for setting up this celebration of stitching in honour of her special birthday.  I live in  the northwest highlands of Scotland.  This will be my first Scarlet Letter design and I have chosen to stitching Janet Burnet.  Not only is it a Scottish Sampler but it was the name of my favourite aunt.
Fiona's Stitching and Stuff


I plan on starting my sampler at the start of February. I would truly love to use the required silks, but at this time of year, ££ are needed elsewhere. I also plan on stitching it on 40ct as I have some in my stash. Sorry, about the flash on the picture, but at this time of year, using the flash is essential.
 

6 comments:

EvalinaMaria said...

Excellent choice! It is a very lovely sampler.

Jennifer Cameron said...

I can't wait to see this one progress. Being Scottish as well I wanted to stitch a Scottish sampler as well. I have chosen Flamestitch which the SL website says may be Scottish. So that is good enough for me especially as the colours are so fabulous.

Nicola said...

How nice to be stitching a sampler named after your Aunt.

I hope you get your threads soon as I am looking forward to seeing lots of close ups as you progress.

Faye said...

Sounds like you have picked out the perfect sampler Fiona... Welcome to stitching SL samplers!!!! Take care, Faye

Starry-eyed stitcher said...

I I love this one too. This challenge is wonderful, it is such an opportunity to see some wonderful samplers and share in the stitching. We seem to have a good number of Scottish participants, my friend Anne, also stitching Diligence, is Scottish too. Irene xxx

Elizabeth said...

Hello Fiona. How lovely that you can stitch a sampler with your aunt's name. I too am Scottish and would dearly love to do a Scottish sampler.