Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Sunday, 13 January 2013

Here are a couple of photos of Mary Hurst. I started her a couple of months ago. Only two more sections to go plus a few spots to fill in as well as some satin stitching in the top part (not pictured). There was not enough thread to complete all the satin stitch so I am waiting for some to arrive.











I finished Margret Gatis earlier this year and am very pleased with the results. I was surprised there was so much cross stitch. I don’t have a problem with over 3 but perhaps that is because I don’t do projects with regular cross stitch. For those of you who do I guess it is something like muscle memory for sports people. Also, if you are like me, you do your work while watching TV or listening to music and you forget what you are doing.



Happy watching all the progress on all the work.



Barbara G.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Post for Barbara G

7 comments:

Nicola said...

Mary is a stunning sampler which I have in my stash and hope to stitch very soon.

It is so nice to see the detail up close. Thank you for sharing.

Gabi said...

Beautiful sampler. Mary is a very pretty lady :)

Martha S said...

You are really coming along! She is beautiful. I am adding her to my list of "wanta do's".

Dawn said...

Beautiful sampler! Great progress...this is such a pretty piece.
I've been known to mis-stitch with the TV on ;-)

Tommye said...

Gorgeous!

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Mary is stunning!

~mj~ said...

Your Mary is gorgeous! I have done the top section in whitework (minus the satin which I leave til last) and am on the double running section just above the "princesses". I seem to be on double running sections on all my WIPs and am not making much progress!