Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Tuesday, 29 January 2013

Intermediate Happy Dance

The satin stitch band from h-e-double hockey sticks is DONE!! Happy Dance. I feel like I've run a marathon. No, that would mean I was lying on the ground, gasping for air and swearing like a sailor.  Seriously, I feel like a real weight has been lifted from my shoulders.

You see, I'm one of those very strange individuals who can count her WIPs on one hand. In fact, MG and a Santa that I was stitching for my dad when he died four years ago, are the only unfinished projects I have.  It hurts my brain to have multiple projects floating around in my head. I tend to do everything in serial and stitching is no different.

 
 
Now I feel like I can finish MG in a reasonable amount of time.  The current band is the last one stitched over three threads and it's pretty easy, so far. Woohoo!  By the time I get to the cutwork and needleweaving at the bottom, I should be ready for it.

20 comments:

Angela Cruz-Garcia said...

Your stitching looks wonderful and I just love the colors in this piece.

Nikki said...

Only three things to say about your project, Wow, Wow, Wow. It is just gorgeous. I LOVE the satin stitching, and love the colors.

Nikki

Nicola said...

She is STUNNING, everything about her appeals. Congratulations on your work so far.

Deb said...

Congratulations on getting through the He double hockey sticks part! It looks absolutely wonderful - just stunning!

Lanie said...

OMG Tommye, this is absolutely fabulous!!!

Faye said...

I'm about to pass out at all of your great progress!!!! Whoooop, whoooop!!!!!

Miss Pants said...

I know that was a lot of work. But it looks fabulous! Job well done!

Elizabeth said...

This is f-a-b-u-l-o-u-s!

Angie Burrett said...

Beautiful ... beautiful - that satin stitch is so effective - and the colours so bright and cheerful. Well done!

Kaisievic said...

This is so stunning!

Krista said...

Such GORGEOUS detail!!

Bhooma said...

Tommye, ths is beyong gorgeous! And, your work !! It is inspiring me :)

Sharon H said...

The satin stitch band is gorgeous!! Can't wait to see the rest of the piece.

Cindy L said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!

llknbillburg said...

OK, so now I guess I have to move her closer to the front of the pile, maybe to the middle now. It is gorgeous! Love the colors! Laura

Tommye said...

Thank you all for the sweet comments. I wish I could take credit for the colors, but as usual, I'm just following the directions. So happy that I'm finally enjoying this piece.

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Lovely!

The colors look more turquoise than what is pictured on the model photograph. But, then I know only too well how that goes....

Leona S said...

Tommye, your sampler is absolutely beautiful. Congratulations. thank you so much for all the close-up photos. Your work is amazing and the lovely clear colours are gorgeous. It is amazing!!!

brod'attitude said...

I love, I love...

Marsha said...

A piece of art work.