Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Tuesday, 22 January 2013

Jumping In

I finally got up the gumption to jump in with my SL WIP - Mary Ann Hutton "A Christmas Sampler."  It was a chart that languished in my stash for a good long while before it got any attention - and when it did I converted the floss to Belle Soie and am stitching it on apiece of 36 ct linen....  here is a snap of where it stands as of last night...

 Mary Ann Hutton 1801 - A Christmas Sampler

There are no special or hard stitches to found in this piece it is straight forward x's, I think what drew me to it was the verse from the carol which for appeared in 1739.  I am really happy to be a part of this great group of stitchers!!

15 comments:

Miss Pants said...

Oh how pretty! I especially like the tree. Not far to go! And it will good to have a WIP finished.

Lanie said...

Hi Edgar! So glad you are part of the SLY fun. I so admire your stitching including this lovely Mary Ann Hutton Christmas. I also love how these Christmas hymns have withstood the test of time just like our beloved samplers! Hark the Harold has always been a favorite.

Nicola said...

A very warm welcome Edgar and a big thank you for participating. I greatly enjoy your blog.

Mary is an adorable sampler and I can see why you have been drawn to her.

She is going to be a beauty and looks as if she will be hanging in the finishes gallery before too long.

Krista said...

Great to see you here, Edgar! Glad you joined in the SAL to stitch with us this year. Love this sampler so much.

Lelia said...

Edgar, beautiful stitching. Good plan to use the Belle Soie.

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Hello Edgar,

I am glad you have joined us.
Your stitching is beautiful.

Your blog is delightful and always reminds me of my visits to my favorite city - San Francisco.(We have relatives around the SF Bay area).

Barbara

Stitch Wizard said...

Welcome Edgar to this wonderful SAL! It is such a happy and nice group and Nicola is such a sweet person..I have seen your stitching and it is really beautiful!! Enjoy!! :)

Jon Lee said...

I follow your blog faithfully, and I am glad you are doing this SAL. It is so wonderful seeing everyone's beautiful samplers come to life. I think yours is so lovely.

Katherine said...

Hey Edgar - what a pretty sampler. I wish I could do 36 count.

Vera said...

Hi Edgar - welcome to the group. I was wondering how long it would take you to jump in!! Love the sampler you are working on -- beautiful stitching as always.

Dawn said...

Very nice. I love all the little details in this one.

ilana kaye said...

Welcome Edgar. I hope you enjoy the group as much as I do.

Tommye said...

so lovely!

Michele said...

Welcome Edgar. I love reading your blog and glad that you are part of this challenge.

Cindy L said...

Welcome Edgar. I am so glad you joined us. I have enjoyed reading your blog too. Love the colors you are working with. This sampler is also in my stash.