Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Thursday, 24 January 2013

Late to the Party

I'm a little late to get here, but I finally made it.  I started a SAL late last year with Susan Singleton and she will be my Scarlet Letter piece that I am focusing on.  I am also celebrating a big birthday this year.  The big 6 - 0.  Yuck. Funny how you don't think about those milestones when you're young. I was trying to focus on Susan but with holiday stitching, ornaments and other BAPs it's hard to keep on target.  She has a lot of stitching on each page and most of the subjects are large and solidly filled in. 

A year or so ago I went through Scarlet letter's online catalog, page by page.  I wrote down the samplers that really spoke to me. I came back a week later and looked at those samplers again and narrowed down my choices.  I wanted to indulge in one silk project that I truly loved to have for my retirement.  After another week or so of rumination, Susan Singleton was my pick.  When I got her, I admired her and then tucked her away in my filing system.  I couldn't believe it when blog reading late last summer Susan Singleton appeared as a SAL.  I asked if I could join in and was graciously accepted.  I know she is going to take longer than the two years planned for but I'm good with that.  She will be gorgeous and a labor of love.  And who knows, the way work is going, I just may retire sooner rather than later!


I went to a Stitch Away that my LNS hosted last weekend and spent one whole day on Susan. I was pleased with what I accomplished.  (Edited: I stitched four pomegranates and the tree outline at the stitch away. I had worked on her previously. Sorry.)



I can't wait to stitch on her again. Soon.

Marsha

34 comments:

Erica near Chicago said...

Welcome Marsha. That is going to be a marvelous piece!

Lanie said...

Welcome to the fun Marsha! Susan Singleton is a fabulous sampler! and your stitching is perfect!

Enjoy the SLY fun!

Nicola said...

A very warm welcome Marsha, thank you so much for participating. You did very well to narrow your choices to one and what a beautiful one you have chosen.

We are all looking forward to seeing lots of close up photos of all those stunning and colourful motifs.

Carmen Sutton said...

You have a very good start and the colors are so lovely!

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Hello Marsha,

Your stitching is beautiful!
You have made Wonderful progress.

Great choice to start with.

Stitch Wizard said...

Welcome Marsha! I too love Susan Singleton and would like to have that one as well someday! The colors are beautiful on this and you have made really great progress! It is beautiful!

Tommye said...

so beautiful!!

Lelia said...

Marsha, your stitching is perfect! And, those colors pop off your ground. Wow - what a beautiful project in the works.

Angela Cruz-garcia said...

Your work is so pretty. Thank you for joining with us and sharing your progress.

Krista said...

Welcome Marsha! Susan Singleton is a pretty one and you have a good start there. Looking forward to seeing you stitch her.

The Inspired Stitcher said...

She looks great, Marsha! I had forgotten she was part of another SAL. Love that border!

Deb said...

You accomplished a lot in one day!! I ended up putting mine down because Ann Smith was calling to me louder (I'm sure you know how that is), but I'll be picking her up again sometime before February 2014!

Kathy said...

Great looking sampler with beautiful colors. Your are moving out on it if you did all that stitching in one day, especially at a Stitch Away. Great job!

Cindy L said...

Welcome to such an inspiring stitching group. Love the colors.

Marsha said...

Thank you.

Marsha said...

Thank you Lanie.

Marsha said...

Thank you Nicola. She is a beaut!

Marsha said...

They are happy colors. Thank you.

Marsha said...

Thank you.

Marsha said...

Thank you. Her colors are what helped me pick her.

Marsha said...

Thank you Tommye.

Marsha said...

It will be pretty and LARGE.

Marsha said...

Thank you.

Marsha said...

Thank you Krista.

Marsha said...

That's a lot of pomegranates! LOL

Marsha said...

No, no, not one day, sorry. 4 pomegranates and the tree outline in one day. I had worked on her previously.

Marsha said...

No, not one day. I didn't word that correctly. Thank you.

Marsha said...

Thank you Cindy.

ilana kaye said...

Welcome. I look forward to seeing more of your beautiful work.

EvalinaMaria said...

Oh, she is on my wish list! I absolutely adore this piece! When is your birthday?

Kim Hummel said...

That would have been agony to narrow the choice to one but it looks like you made a great choice. Enjoy the journey.

Marsha said...

Thank you Ilana!

Marsha said...

My birthday is June 29th, a ways away.

Marsha said...

It was hard but I really loved the colors in Susan.