Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Saturday, 12 January 2013

Margret Gatis And Beyond!

I'm very excited to be joining you on this Scarlet Letter expedition. I've been working on Margret Gatis off and on...mostly off... for several years. Since I almost always finish what I start, this WIP has been a source of frustration for me.  You can visit my blog, I'd Rather Be Stitching, and search for Gatis to see my progress, or lack of, up to now. The last time I posted a pic was last January when I joined a group who pledged to work on a WIP one weekend a month. That lasted until February for me.  Other obligations took precedence, but mostly it was the torture of working over three threads, especially the satin stitch. Here's what I started with when I picked it up last night.
Hopefully, there will more to see soon.

13 comments:

Laurie in Iowa said...

It's a beautiful sampler. I hope you'll stick with it as I'll enjoy watching your progress.

Elizabeth said...

This is so lovely and I love the colours. Here's hoping we can encourage you to finish it this time!

EvalinaMaria said...

It's lovely! Just keep stitching, one stitch at the time...

Jennifer Cameron said...

This is a truly lovely sampler and your work so far is beautiful. I understand the over 3 thing though. I started this sampler last month and gave up because of it. So good luck and I would love to see it progress.

Nikki said...

The colors are wonderful on this sampler. You got this far, just keep it up, a little at a time and keep sharing with us, and before you know it, she will be finished. Over 3 threads must seem strange...I have never done it, but don't give up.

Nikki

Tommye said...

Thanks for the encouraging words,everyone. I'm going to need it. I tend to work one project at a time and I have one of my all time favs kitted and ready to go as soon as the fabric arrives.

Lanie said...

Tommye, your stitching looks lovely and the colors on this sampler are so bright and cheerful. I hope you can enjoy the remainder!

Nicola said...

She is so beautiful, please, please finish her and can we have some close up photos.

I have never stitched over three threads and as I have dyslexia I think that my brain would blow a fuse trying to cope.

Thank you for joining in and adding to the fun.


PoundingSand said...

Wow - this is another sampler the catalog pictures just don't show well at all. Beautiful! I love how some of the bands are not perfectly symmetrical, and look forward to seeing the 'knot garden' motif.

Kate

Faye said...

It's beyond gorgeous!!!!!

Kathy said...

Beautiful work!! I would love to see it finished.

Tommye said...

Thanks, ladies.
Kathy, don't hold your breath! I'll try, but I started it in '09! And Faye can tell you that I'm a finisher, not a starter. I can count on one hand the unfinished projects I have in almost 40 years of counted thread needlework.

Serena B said...

Your sampler is so lovely,please keep us posted with your progress! Your stitching is superb you certainly are talented;stitching over three can't be easy.