Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Wednesday, 23 January 2013

Margret Gatis Update


I didn't even take Margret Gatis with me this weekend while visiting my mom.  Her light is insufficient and Margret requires too much concentration to work on her unless I'm in my 'nest'.
As most of you have probably experienced when stitching satin stitches, the more you get done, the faster it goes. Hallelujah!  As I continue to fill in the flowers, etc. on this band of satin stitches OVER THREE (yes, I'm screaming), I find a few frogs lurking about, but they are quickly dispatched to the pond. I hope to finish this band by the weekend and move on to the knot garden.
I've probably stitched some of these in the wrong direction, but unless you have access to the original you will never be able to prove it. The photo on the chart is so small it is useless and the directions regarding this are minimal. In fact, on this band, they are non-existent. So, I take artistic license and spare not a thought to how Margret stitched it.

13 comments:

Lanie said...

Tommye your "artistic license" is beautiful!

Kerri said...

I think your interpretation looks wonderful. I think doing those ones on the diagonal over three would give me nightmares.

You go girl!

EvalinaMaria said...

What a lovely colors!

Lelia said...

a colorful sampler! It looks great.

Nicola said...

The more I see the more I love Margaret. The colours are amazing.

Faye said...

Love it!!!!

Krista said...

Gorgeous detail! Over 3, I can't imagine?!

ilana kaye said...

The colors and your stitching are to die for.....she is in my stash and on my soon to do list.

Elizabeth said...

What lovely work. I really appreciated looking at your lovely satin stitches. This is a stitch I haven't done before so seeing it so close up is really useful as this is used a lot in Margaret Brain.

Kathy said...

Beautiful stitching.

Katherine said...

What great color for a winter stitch; beautiful!

Marsha said...

Really, really pretty.

Ellen said...

Tommye, your sampler is absolutely gorgeous! I love it!