Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Tuesday, 15 January 2013

Marion Robertson and Me!

Although I have had Marion Robertson for quite awhile, I found it very difficult to fit her into my very busy schedule. Thankfully, I resurrected an old tradition and set aside Christmas Day to begin working on this beautiful project. As you can see I have made quite a bit of progress on her:





Just between us, I might have accomplished even more if it weren't for those pesky little birds! For the life of me I just couldn't seem get them quite right. Does that ever happen to you?

Oh we'll, off to stitch some more! Robin Lund

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Greensboro, NC, United States

13 comments:

Tommye said...

Oooooooh! I love this. Stash enhancement opportunity.

Leona S said...

You have made amazing progress and it is absolutely beautiful (especially the little birds).

Nicola said...

I have Marion in my stash but did not realise quite how beautful she is. I am going to kit her up. What fabric are you using.

brod'attitude said...

Very nice

Krista said...

How beautiful the flowers are. Another one I will be adding to my ever-growing list!

Lanie said...

I have Marion on my SLY list too. Your stitching is lovely....she is even prettier than I imagined!

Enjoy!

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Hello Robin,

Your Marion is lovely. Great colors.
Wonderful progress.

Robin Lund said...

Thank you all for your precious comments. I can't tell you how encouraged they made me feel. This is my first serious project since I have had neck surgery and your support means the world to me! You guys ROCK!!!!

Robin Lund said...

Leona,

For some reason the little birds gave me fits! I stitched them over and over and over again! Marion's count is a little off on the right side and it took me a while to figure that out! Little imperfections on the original piece are so endearing to me. They are so typical of a very young girl.

Robin Lund said...

Nicola,

I am using 36-count Edinborough linen in Cream. I think it complements the color palette very nicely. I don't think that you will regret stitching her. She gets even more beautiful from here!

Vera said...

Like so many others, I am seeing stash enhancement opportunity every time I read another blog posting! This sampler is lovely. The "pesky" birds are charming.

Elizabeth said...

Robin - this is just stunning. The colours are so vibrant and the linen you are working on complements them perfectly.

Deb said...

That is beautiful. I love all the reds in it.