Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Wednesday, 9 January 2013

My 2013 Goals


I am so excited to join this group!
I have loved SL samplers for decades and have the unfinished projects to prove it!
This is just the motivation I needed to get going again.

The first I want to finish this year - (finish to me means framed) is Sally Morse.  I had a pretty go start so not sure why it was put aside?







The second one is a goof I need to make right.

See what I did?

I think I know what I will do.
Clue:  More linen and thread.

LOVE these little over ones.









The next one. 'The Red House'  I didn't start and this weekend I bought lighter linen.

Once I get to this one...sometime this year....I will reward myself another bit of SL shopping.


Thank you for letting me join - and participate in all the the inspiration.

I have finished several samplers and have posted about them here and there on my blog - lots of quilts and antique needlework tools too ;-)

Kind Regards,
Dawn in Boulder Co, USA
http://collectorwithaneedle.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

Lanie said...

Hi Dawn and welcome to the fun!

Love the samplers you are working on. I had forgotten about Sally Morse until seeing her again just now...I'm adding her to my list immediately!

Enjoy!

Nicola said...

A very warm welcome Dawn and than you for participating. I look forward to seeing all those gorgeous samplers "finished". Hope to see some of your previous SL finishes too.

Ellen said...

Sweet little samplers, Dawn. Do tell us more about that pincushion in your last photo.

Do you belong to the Sampler Guild of the Rockies in Denver?

Elizabeth said...

I am thrilled that you have chosen to do Salley Morse. Salley was my first ever sampler and I loved doing her. I have to wait a wee while for her to be framed as the lady who does these for framing is on holiday. I am thrilled with Salley and feel I walked a wee bit in her shoes whilst stitching her.

Dawn said...

Thank you for the warm welcome! I started stitching today and could hardly put it down.

I moved here about 3 mos ago and didn't know there was a sampler guild...hmmm sounds like fun.

The little box is a weighted box, very old with wood inlay. Under the padded lid is a tray with I think original paper. I'll post a picture of it open with my next update.