Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Friday, 25 January 2013

My start on Huswif

I finally got a start on my challenge piece. I found Huswif in my stash so I started that. It's a kit I bought several years ago when I visited Scarlet Letter for their Open House. I would love to go back someday and take it all in again. Seeing all those samplers in person was a dream come true. Huswif is done on 40ct linen over 1 thread with 1 strand of silk in tent stitch. I'm so glad to have a magnifier for my Ottlite to stitch this sampler.
I also ordered these- Maria Theresa Wilkinson, Elizabeth Sheffield and Mary Ann Body. I am seriously considering Ann Medd and doing the mini challenge for The Manifesto-we'll see....




8 comments:

Kim Hummel said...

Looks like you have a great start on the Huswif.
I like the other projects that you ordered too. Looks like it is a nice variety of styles.

Krista said...

A beautiful start to Huswif, and a great selection of projects to choose from!

Nicola said...

Oh Cindy I would love to visit Marsha and see all the wonderful samplers displayed in all their glory but realistically I know that it is unlikely that I ever will.

Never mind, through our group participation we are getting to see lots of them here.

You have chosen some gorgeous samplers to stitch and Huswif will be a first for me.

I think that Manifesto is proving to be a hard one to resist.

Cindy L said...

What a beautiful selection! I would also like to re-visit Scarlet Letter to see all the samplers in person--maybe Marsha will hold another open house for us.

Dawn said...

Lucky girl to got here! I think I would be over whelmed the first hour...
Love your Huswif - over one is devine.
I may have to put that one on my list.

Elizabeth said...

I love your choice. Huswif is beautiful and I must say the tent stitch is really appealing too.

Looks as if you are going to busy for quite some time lol!

Lanie said...

Hi Cindy. Your Huswif start is looking great! All of it over one tent stitch on 40 ct...I 'm already looking forward to more progress! Sounds like you will be keeping busy this SLY...love all your selections. I too would love to visit Marsha...maybe one day. I'm afraid once there I won't want to leave!

Enjoy!

Jon Lee said...

I haven't tried one yet with different stitches. I notice many people are stitching with the tent stitch. I like your sampler.