Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Sunday, 27 January 2013

New Start

It has been a week since I completed ABCD 1817. I could not settle and decide on a new start. I finally went to my LNS for some fabric. I came home prepared my fabric and started AW 1662. I am going with 32ct Lugana (don't know if I spelled it correctly the hand writing on the label is awful :) in a mocha color.
floss toss on new fabric
 
I started this one Friday afternoon. I was able to get the first band done today. After having Mr. Frog visit yesterday. On the first line of light green I mis-counted and had to frog a large portion of the stitching and re-do. Then I worked on the dark green and had to pull it out when stitching the second line I only placed 4 x's when I should have placed 5. Then I had to frog the whole section of dark green when I went to stitch the tan color and realised that I did not go down far enough under the lighter green. As this is the first time I have stitched over 2 on anything I think I can be excused this one time. lol.  Thankfully I only had a small section to work with at first since I could only find my 6" hoop to work with :) After all the false starts I was wondering if I should actually continue this piece but I persevered and finally completed the whole first row. I am so glad I did. I am enjoying working on this type of fabric and I am looking forward to getting into the other lovely colors of this piece. Here is where I left off today.


Ta Ta for now,
Angela CG

8 comments:

Nicola said...

Well done on perservering. It will be worth it. I have this chart and will follow your progress with great interest.

Elizabeth said...

This is looking really good. Here's hoping Mr Frog doesn't have to pay you too many visits in the future!

Lanie said...

Hi Angela! What a pretty piece you have chosen for your new start! And all those colors look wonderful against your fabric.

Enjoy!

Starry-eyed stitcher said...

Oh this will be beautiful when finished. You will be so glad you carried on through all that early adversity. Irene xxx

Mindi said...

What a rough start, but it will be well worth the effort. the first band is gorgeous and I can't wait to see more.

Jon Lee said...

It looks really lovely. I hate when I miscount. I find that when I stitch with my friends I miscount the most.

Marsha said...

Kudos to you for sticking with it. It does look pretty so far.

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

She really is lovely.

I have put her on my "A" list.
I look forward to watching your progress.

Barbara