It has been a week since I completed ABCD 1817. I could not settle and decide on a new start. I finally went to my LNS for some fabric. I came home prepared my fabric and started AW 1662. I am going with 32ct Lugana (don't know if I spelled it correctly the hand writing on the label is awful :) in a mocha color.
floss toss on new fabric
I started this one Friday afternoon. I was able to get the first band done today. After having Mr. Frog visit yesterday. On the first line of light green I mis-counted and had to frog a large portion of the stitching and re-do. Then I worked on the dark green and had to pull it out when stitching the second line I only placed 4 x's when I should have placed 5. Then I had to frog the whole section of dark green when I went to stitch the tan color and realised that I did not go down far enough under the lighter green. As this is the first time I have stitched over 2 on anything I think I can be excused this one time. lol. Thankfully I only had a small section to work with at first since I could only find my 6" hoop to work with :) After all the false starts I was wondering if I should actually continue this piece but I persevered and finally completed the whole first row. I am so glad I did. I am enjoying working on this type of fabric and I am looking forward to getting into the other lovely colors of this piece. Here is where I left off today.