Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Friday, 25 January 2013

Over one and framework

Dorothy finally managed to get some of my attention this week.  I finished the over one verse and name.  Since I'm working on 40 ct this is an accomplishment!  I feel like the rest of the sampler will be just FUN!!

Dorothy Walpole verse

Kind of self-explanatory!

Dorothy Walpole
 
 
I actually finished the verse and name about a week and a half ago and just haven't had time to share.  I love Dorothy's verse - it's so simple but says so much. 
 
 
I also have worked the framework for the eyelet stitch arches and the flame stitch bands.
 
Dorothy Walpole

Close up of eyelet arch band, Dorothy Walpole
 
Now I get to have fun filling in both bands!!  Ironically, I am a stitcher of counted work who doesn't like to count - I will do anything to get out of counting!  So, to have the framework completed as a guide, I basically get to "color inside the lines" for the rest of the bands.  What fun.
 
There is something comforting about just the rhythm of stitching without having to worry about counting!!
 
Well, the forecast is for a Winter Storm here in NC this afternoon.  I have bread and milk and my stitching, so I'm good to stay in the house and watch the sleet fall!
 
Stay warm and keep stitching.
 
Sharon H
 



11 comments:

Brenda in WI said...

Beautiful Sharon. Looks like you are going to have lots of fun. Love the fact that you have bread and milk and can stay in and stitch for as long as you need.

Nicola said...

It is almost worth being snowed in for a month when you have such a beautiful sampler to work on. Your stitching is perfection. I adore the close up photos, they really show Dorothy in all her glory.

Krista said...

Super pics! Love all the detail you show, now I want to get started too :) I also love to follow the pattern around without too much counting, it is nice when there is a border to then just fill in.

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

A girl after my own heart.
I love that you will be stitching away without a care.

The snow is due here about 3 pm
I need to go to the library for audio books and I need to pick up Jim's 70th birthday cake. I ordered his favorite carrot cake in size small.

Thanks for the great images.

Barbara

Elizabeth said...

Such beautiful stitching. Enjoy being all snug inside and stitching.

Kathy said...

Thanks for all the close up pics. They really show off your beautiful stitching!! Stay in and stay warm and have fun stitching.

Starry-eyed stitcher said...

I know what you mean about colouring in, sometimes that's just what is needed! This is a lovely sampler and well done for finishing all that over one stuff! Irene xxx

Dawn said...

Beautiful project and stitching. Love the close ups - makes me want to go grab my needle ;-)

Marsha said...

I can't wait to see the coloring in!

Cindy L said...

I love the progress on your Dorothy. Beautiful stitching and colors. I have to add this one to my long list.

Kerri said...

Congrats on finishing up the verse. I got the 1st 3 words on my Dorothy and needed a break. I need to get past that sections and on to the fun parts.

Now I am motivated to keep going! Great work!