Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Friday, 11 January 2013

Post for Leonie



Lucky draw winner…

I could not believe it when I opened my emails to find that I was the lucky recipient of the first draw.  Ten beautiful skeins of AVAS silk.  Oh my goodness! 







Then it was off to the SL stash to see what my next project would be where I could use these silks.  After much deliberation, it was decided that I would stitch Frances B. Jones 1817, a lovely Quaker sampler from Burlington County, New Jersey.  I have purchased the other silks required and have chosen Lakeside Linen 36ct Navy Bean to work on. 





I am still working on Emma Miles but as you can see I have started on the over one sections.  I have put this off for so long now as I have been dreading it.  I don’t know why as with the help of a good light, magnifier and a lot of patience, it is coming along.  


Emma Miles



Only one more Eve, two Adams, one and a half trees and the verse.  Oh dear, now that does sound a lot.  Oh well, it only happens one stitch at a time.  





Emma Miles

I will get back to it today as the weather is so hot that I don’t want to go outside, so will stay indoors with the aircon on and stitch.  Sounds like a bit of heaven to me.  I hope to have this sampler finished by the end of the month so I can start Frances.  I will keep you posted.




Once again thank you to Nicola for setting up this challenge and to Joanne for the technical support.  I would like to thank all the stitchers also.  I am thoroughly enjoying reading about everyone’s progress and comments made by others.  It is such an inspiration. 

Yours in stitches
Leona

6 comments:

HollyXSing said...

Leona:

Your Emma Miles is "out of this world" gorgeous. She is the one I picked for this SAL challenge! I hope I can do her justice!

I love Francis B. Jones...she is on my wish list!

I look forward to following your progress on these two beautiful samplers!

Happy Stitches,

-Holly in VA

Nicola said...

You are not far off a finish on Emma. So pleased your treads arrived quickly.

Francis is a beautiful sampler and I look forward to seeing the threads being used.

Angela Cruz-garcia said...

Your list to complete does not sound so long when you compare it to what you have already completed. Love your work so far.

Elizabeth said...

I am sure Emma will be finished fairly soon Leona - she is looking so nice.

Tommye said...

Congrats on the drawing AND on Emma. EM is stunning. Well done.

Dawn said...

Congrats on the drawing - what fabulous work you do!
Thanks for sharing, I'll put that one on the short list ;-)