My first sampler and it is finished!
I tried to add a few personal details like the year '13 on the patio and my boys initials at the bottom. The bunny was turned into another dog and the original dog's colors altered,now they are our Wheaten and Kerry Blue pus! I had plotted out the boys initials and their birth year under the initials all in backstitch. Unfortunately the backstitches were swallowed up in the green stem stitch and I didn't think it was legible. After pulling those tiny buried stitches out, I tried tiny cross stitches, but they weren't very neat on top of stem stitches. Pretty sad lettering! I just really wanted their initials on this and didn't think I could get those little x's out without destroying the dark green stitches.
Hoping to re-read the framing suggestions on the blog and have this ready for 17th anniversary. This is the inscription I had engraved inside my husband's wedding band, so I think it will be a sweet gift for my husbands desk. Perfect size.
Thank you Nicola and Joe for hosting such an interesting and exciting blog. I have enjoyed seeing such beautiful projects and feel I have made new friends along the way!