Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Tuesday, 29 January 2013

Post for Rachel F - A Finish


My first sampler and it is finished!

My Beloved



I tried to add a few personal details like the year '13 on the patio and my boys initials at the bottom.  The bunny was turned into another dog and the original dog's colors altered,now they are our Wheaten and Kerry Blue pus!  I had plotted out the boys initials and their birth year under the initials all in backstitch.  Unfortunately the backstitches were swallowed up in the green stem stitch and I didn't think it was legible.  After pulling those tiny buried stitches out, I tried tiny cross stitches, but they weren't very neat on top of stem stitches.  Pretty sad lettering! I just really wanted their initials on this and didn't think I could get those little x's out without destroying the dark green stitches. 

Hoping to re-read the framing suggestions on the blog and have this ready for 17th anniversary.  This is the inscription I had engraved inside my husband's wedding band, so I think it will be a sweet gift for my husbands desk. Perfect size.

Thank you Nicola and Joe for hosting such an interesting and exciting blog.  I have enjoyed seeing such beautiful projects and feel I have made new friends along the way!

Rachel F

11 comments:

Krista said...

Beautiful finish and so sweet for an anniversary remembrance.

Lanie said...

Congratulations Rachel! Very nice how you personalized this piece and what a sweet anniversary gift for your husband...I love it!

Cindy L said...

Rachel, congratulations on your first finish. This piece was meant for you to stitch. What's next?

Kathy said...

Rachel, I think this was the perfect sampler for you to stitch. What a great job you did on the personalized portion! Your husband is gonna love it! Great work!

Deb said...

Wonderful finish and wonder gift for your husband!!

Laurie in Iowa said...

Congrats on a beautiful finish and gift.

Tommye said...

What a beautiful piece and you did a lovely job. The personalizations are terrific.

What's next?

Erica said...

Congratulations on your finish Rachel!
It looks great!
I struggled with this one too!
It's a hard one to improvise on.

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Congratulations on a lovely finish!

Christine said...

Congratulations it is lovely

Kerri said...

Oh what a sweet gift! I am sure he will treasure it. It is a wonderful finish!