Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Friday, 11 January 2013

Post for Serena B


Hi Nicola,  Thank you for letting me join your SL Year!  Ann Grimshaw has arrived,  and she will be stitched on 40ct Lambswool linen with Soie d'Alger silk threads. 






It will be a wonderful sampler to work on during these snowy days here in Canada.  I look forward to starting her tonight as it seems I have SL fever. So many people are working on such lovely samplers, one can not help but be inspired to stitch a SL chart. This will be my first sampler,SL chart and SAL, even though I have been stitching for over twenty years. Here's to a New Year of stitching adventures!

Happy stitching everyone!

6 comments:

HollyXSing said...

I just love-love Ann Grimshaw!

As you can see from my avatar, I have already stitched her up!

I really look forward to seeing your progress,

-Holly in VA

Nicola said...

A very warm welcome to the group Serena. With twenty years stitching experience you will have lots to contribute.

What fun to be stitching your first SL sampler, you will become hooked like the rest of us.

Thank you for joining in.

Jennifer Cameron said...

What a fantastic choice, Serena. I just love Ann Grimshaw. Guess what? It's on my wish list too! Along with another 50 odd. Ha ha!

Elizabeth said...

A lovely choice Serena. Happy Stitching.

Tommye said...

A beautiful piece....and also in my stash. LOL

Serena B said...

Yes, Ann Grimshaw is a great choice to have as my first ever Scarlet Letter sampler. So far I am on my third motif and loving it! Working with silk thread makes it so rewarding. I can see why she is stitched,on wish lists and in a stash.