After a very busy, but a very merry Christmas season, I spent all day on New Year's Eve and New Year's Day stitching "Sarah Stuart". I was so excited to finally give her a start, and looked forward to posting my progress by week's end. But...the more I stitched the more I fussed. Not the first time I've found myself in this situation, but I want to love Sarah Stuart...I do love Sarah Stuart...I don't want to fuss at her and eventually find her in my WIP basket!
I think part of the situation is the color of linen I am using. If I had to do over I would choose something a bit darker, but I had this piece of 40ct. Lambswool from Scarlet Letter that was the correct size and so I jumped right in with it before I really took a good look at all the silks.
Some of the colors are just too light and fade into the linen I'm using. So I spent the weekend re-evaluating, unpicking (arrgghh...never fun on 40 count!), and then re-stitching with slightly darker shades. I'll probably need a few more adjustments as I stitch along. So far I think I have been faithful to the overall look of the original...I hope I've been, I don't wish to offend Miss Sarah and her beautiful work!
Here she is ...