Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Tuesday, 22 January 2013

Small Progress

Hello everyone,
A few weeks ago I was convinced that after I finished Justice, I'd go back to Scottish Band, but instead I picked up Lady and the Castle on Saturday--another project started several years ago. (I don't recall now why I put it away.) Because I needed to sort out the threads again and re-familiarize myself with the pattern, I didn't get much done. Here's what it looks like at the moment:



Saturdays are about my only day to stitch. Work nights are for knitting or similar less sight-intensive activities. As much as I'd love to join in the Manifesto SAL, I'm a one-project-at-a-time person and for the next few weeks, this will be mine.


6 comments:

Lanie said...

Hi Chicago Erica! I was not familiar with Lady and the Castle, so I looked for her on SL website...oh my, how lovely she is!!! These "pictorial" needle works are stunning, and I think I need to get one!!!

I will definitely be looking forward to your progress on The Lady.

Miss Pants said...

I too and very interested in the progress of this piece. It looks so interesting! Maybe next post could you take a pic of the cover to the pattern? I would love to see the "big picture".

Nicola said...

I am so excited that you will be stitching this sampler.

I have just received a catalogue from TSL and she is on the front of one of the supplements. I was studying her last night before I went to bed and ending up dreaming about her.

What a coincidence she should be featured on the blog today.

Do you think that this is a message to me? LOL.

Please, please can we have lots of close ups.

Krista said...

Beautiful stitching, Erica! The detail looks so intricate.

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Wonderful choice!

One of my favorites.
I Look forward to seeing your progress.

ilana kaye said...

Good choice . This sampler is a lot of work, but is so beautiful, and well worth the effort.