Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Wednesday, 9 January 2013

Thanks, Jo!

Thanks so much for creating this second blog for those of us who joined a little later! 

As for my progress on Hannah Trecothick...I have designated Sundays to spend time with Hannah. This past Sunday, I got out my chart, dug around in my threads, pulled the ones I had, made a list of what to buy.  Had a big piece of linen that I had bought for Hannah and another sampler.  Don't know what I was thinking, but Hannah is supposed to be @ 10 x 21 when finished, so I got the width right,  10" + 6" extra, then cut the length 21"!!!  I can't believe I did this, I am absolutely sick over it. I'm trying to figure out if there is some creative way to add the cut off fabric to the bottom, or just bite the bullet and buy another piece of linen.   Any suggestions would be welcomed!

Cindy in VA

6 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Oh, I hate it when I do that but sorry, it sounds to me like you are going to have to buy more linen! Aaagghh!

Ellen said...

Cindy,

If this happened to me, I would buy another piece of linen and save what I have for another sampler.

You would be quite upset if you stitched on your exisiting linen and then when you added some more, things didn't work out.

Be thankful you found your mistake before you started stitching.

Kathy said...

I agree with the first two ladies...I would go ahead, bite the bullet, (as you said) and buy a new piece of linen. Better safe than sorry.

Nicola said...

Definitely buy another piece, I am sure you will find a use for the original one.

We have all done something similar.

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Sorry Cindy,

It is best to get another piece of linen.

I hope to see you Saturday at the Guild meeting.

Elizabeth said...

How frustrating Cindy. Looks like you are going to have to buy some more linen.