Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Thursday, 31 January 2013

Travel projects

I have just gotten back from a trip that required long plane rides.  I generally kit up projects specifically for traveling. Generally these are smaller projects, monochromes or projects on lower count fabrics. For some reason, I like stitching over one while on planes. However, I greatly dislike over one stitching when traveling in a car.

I decided to start two SL pieces as travel projects for this year.

The first is the multiplication table, stitched entirely over one. So far, it is not at all tedious, but I am sure it will get there...


The second is Lucretia Maus. I love her bold colors and whimsical design elements. This is as much as I got done on the plane ride home yesterday.


Now that I am home again, I will return to Mary Theresa Wilkinson. However, I'll continue to keep these two projects in my rotation as they are such fun.

Take care,
Heather


6 comments:

Krista said...

Nice starts, Heather! Lucretia has wonderful bright colors, I will enjoy watching your progress.

Nicola said...

What fun to have travel projects and you have chosen two stunners.

Bhooma said...

Nice starts Heather. You have made good use of those long fligts.

Lanie said...

Wow Heather, you made significant progress! Love the border on the multiplication table sampler.

Kathy said...

Heather, it looks like you have made great progress on both of your samplers. I especially love the border on the multiplication table.

Fiona said...

Great progress on your travelling projects. I am amazed that youanage to stitch over 1 on a plane. So you use a light or magnifier.