Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Saturday, 16 February 2013

A Catte

Hello fellow SL stitchers.  Many thanks to Jo and Nicola for being very patient with me in taking up my invitation.  Not being very IT literate, my husband had to help me in the end!

I have just started my first SL chart, A Catte, and I am enthralled with it.  Background fabric is Lakeside Vintage, color chosen to go with my "green" Celadon pottery.

Living on the east side of the UK, we visit Edinburgh on an occasional basis and last year toured Holyrood House quite a few times to get the maximim benefit from an annual pass.  The Mary Queen of Scots exhibition in Holyrood House features the original A Catte among other pieces of needlework, I love looking at it, and this is why I have chosen this particular SL chart.

I am using AVAS silks for the first time and am impressed with the thickness of a strand on 36 ct.  Hopefully in a week's time, I can persuade my husband to take a picture of my progress and upload it for me.

Added 02/17/13:  First weekend's progress.

(Can't see how to add a picture to a comment; only to a post!)

8 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congratulations on your first post!

I can help with posting photos is hubby isn't there.

Kaisievic said...

Oh my goodness, what a gorgeous design! How did I miss this one? It will fit in well with my History/Tudor obsession. I can feel another order to SL coming in, for this and for Manifesto. So happy that you are joining us.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

AVAS silks are a delight to stitch with. I like the history behind your choice of sampler. I visit Edinburgh most weekends, I love having a beautiful city so close by.

Nicola said...

How wonderful to have seen the original of your chosen sampler.

AVAS are simply devine to use. You will be spoilt now.

Vera said...

Welcome to the group and congratulations on your first post! And...another sampler I had not noticed before (I wonder how many others I haven't seen/noticed...). Love it and how cool that you have seen the original. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Jenny said...

What a wonderful first post. I love your sampler...I had to look it up because I too missed this one( and I really don't know how that is possible since I lose myself on the SL website on a regular basis...grins...)and I love the History behind it. I think it is terrific that you have the opportunity to see the original at Holyrood House...oh another place on my wishlist to visit someday...Happy Stitching and welcome!

Cindy L said...

Welcome Sally. I also have just learned to post and comment since joining thanks to Nicola, Jo and my family. You are so fortunate to have seen your sampler in person. I look forward to seeing your progress.

Fiona said...

Welcome Sally, you have made a good start on A Catte.