Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Saturday, 9 February 2013

A diversion

I've been cleaning out/straightening up my sewing room lately and finding all sorts of things.  Including another Scarlet Letter WIP I had forgotten about:


The Random Motif Sampler
Soie d'Alger on 35ct linen, as kitted

More specialty stitches ahead, but the stitch manuals are already out for Rachel Jarratt, so I think I will have to alternate them.  I can't remember why I thought I needed to work this from the center out.  It probably had to do with it not having a defined border and maybe because this particular motif is closest to the center - and only uses plain cross-stitch.

The sun finally came out today (mid-Michigan is horribly gray in the wintertime).  I can't bear to spend my afternoon straightening the sewing room anymore, which is down in the basement - I'm going to sit in the lovely sunshine and stitch.

Kate



5 comments:

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

I second that Kate!

Finally a sunny day in Maryland too.
The winds were over 50 mph most of last night. I'm just glad we don't have snow.

Let's all go stitch.

Deb said...

isn't it fun to find things you forgot about in your stash!!

Isn't the sun wonderful. After the past couple of days around here and all the snow, it's fantastic to see the sun. I'm a Michigander myself and know how gloomy it can be around here.

Dawn said...

Fabulous stash find. Sounds glorious to sit in the sun and stitch - enjoy your time ;-)

Tommye said...

It's almost like Christmas! I love to find such unexpected treasures.

Nicola said...

So nice when find a forgotten chart in your stash. You have the pleasure twice but the cost only once.

The colours are so pretty.