Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Wednesday, 13 February 2013

A Finish and two new starts

I finished Circling Alphabet. It is done on 35 count linen(SL scrap fabric bag) with DMC 1 over 2.


Next I started from my stash Ann Greanawalt on 35 count linen with AVAS silks. The next alphabet on this piece will be done in eyelets.




And then thinking on the next project to do, I felt it was time to order from my wish list.  After seeing the beautiful posts from Stitch Wizard and Frances Seng, I decided to join them on Elizabeth Sheffield.  The colors are so pretty. I ordered the kit with 35 count linen and AVAS silks.  I'd like to thank the stitcher( sorry, could not find your post)  that gave us a tip to cross stitch every 10th stitch on the border. It works wonderfully on this piece for counting and placement of motifs close to the border.

NOTE to Marsha SL: Love the new patterns! Most of my patterns are 20-25 years old when the graph was done by hand. This pattern is so clear, enlarged and on bright white paper to make it easier on the eyes. Thank you!




You might have to click on photos for a better image. I still have to work on that part.
I love seeing everyone's progress. It is so inspiring and motivating and feels like we are all stitching together!

Cindy

7 comments:

Dawn said...

Thanks for showing your projects. Very pretty!!
You've motivated me to take a few stitches this morning ;-)

Jenny said...

Your work is so pretty. Thanks for sharing!

Fiona said...

Congratulations on your finish and great progress on you new start.

woolwoman said...

Congratulations on your finishes - I'm seeing so many I had never seen before. LOVE Elizabeth Sheffield - I should just give up and order her. Melody

Nicola said...

It was Lynn who left the tip and I too have been very grateful to her this evening as I started Manifesto and it came in very handy, made counting mush easier.

Your finish is so beautiful as are your new starts.

Scarlet Letter said...

Thanks for your input and your kind words. The world has changed a lot since I started this life venture as a newbie straight out of grad school. My goal is to keep improving the quality of the graphs. I welcome comments on the graphs, and I'm here to answer questions. Happy St Valentine's Day!

Lanie said...

Congratulations on your finish, Cindy! Your new starts are looking great. Elizabeth Sheffield has always been one of my favorites...enjoy!