Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Thursday, 28 February 2013

Hello from snowy Wisconsin!
So excited to be part of this SAL - I have been a Scarlet Letter fan since the late 80's- but like my dear friend KathieB, flyaway Jill, bets and Sue, have been away from stitching for awhile. I actually visited the Scarle Letter " ground of operations (AKA amazing farmette!) " back in the early 90's  when I moved to the area and realized this amazing treasure of history and craft was within 10 miles of my house. After an almost-decade of stitching cows and hearts on Aida cloth, I discovered the timeless beauty of antique samplers, and The Scarlet Letter was THE resource. Imagine my complete delight in being within a15 minute drive to this amazing treasure trove!
That said, I did some stitching after that, but then became an avid quilter, and quilt admirer. I have been amazingly blessed to have found the friendship of some award-winning, avid quilters - who as it turns out, turned into avid knitters, and have now returned to being avid stitchers.
We have a great group of friends who inspire each other on a  regular basis- and lead us all into propositions like three and a half inch block exchanges, books we never thought we'd read and multiple field trips and retreat weekends. We've discovered movies, DowntonAbbey, shops and recipes we'd never dare to make, except for our friends...
OK - so on to the SAL  - I will be making "Jane Atkinson" with "Dear Aunt" as a backup plan- and I'm sure you all know why!
I am inspired and energized to be part of this historic SAL- looking forward to getting to know you all and posting some pictures soon! Once I get my linen....
Happy Stitching - and thank you Nicola for this amazing opportunity!
Deb

6 comments:

FlyawayJil said...

Delighted to see you pop in, Deb.

Brenda in WI said...

Love to hear from another Wisconsinite stitcher. Glad you have joined and am anxious to see your pictures.

Tommye said...

Welcome! Can't wait to see your work.

KathieB said...

Yay Deb!!

Nicola said...

A very warm welcome Deb. I have enjoyed your post and your friends posts too. You sound like a great group with a sense of humour, I imagine you have many laughs together.

Jane is a beautiful sampler and I am enjoying stitching her at the moment.

Looking forward to seeing your start.

Fiona said...

Welcome and I'm really looking forward to seeing your progress on Jane.