Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Sunday, 10 February 2013

Janet Burnet

This is my first post showing my progress on Janet Burnet.  Janet is my first SL sampler and I am loving her.  There are some gaps in the stitching as I really wanted to stitch her using silks, but didn't think I would be able to afford to buy them all at once.  I had all the DMCs looked out, but just knew that I wouldn't be happy with her if I didn't use the silks.  So I decided to buy a few at a time, but couldn't wait to get started on her, so there are gaps.  At the moment I am missing 6 colours, but hope to get them at the end of February, after pay day and using my 20% off at Sew and So.  I am stitching her on 40ct Sandstone linen that I had in my stash.

I love watching everyone's progress on their different samplers and mentally adding to my wishlist.  I will have to start writing things down soon so that I can remember all the beautiful samplers that I would like to stitch in the future.  Thank you Nicola for organising this SAL, it is great fun and I am getting to know so many new stitching friends.

Janet Burnet using AVAS silks and stitched on 40ct Sandstone Linen








6 comments:

PoundingSand said...

I'm glad you found a way to get your silks. With the amount of time it takes to stitch something, there's no point in working with materials you don't really like.

This is a lovely sampler!

Kate

Fiona said...

Thanks Kate. I love working with silks and they are well worth the extra £s.

Faye said...

This sampler is just beautiful..... I know you have plenty more to stitch on until you can order..... With our last one in college I definitely understand..$$$...

Nicola said...

Janet is a gorgeous sampler that deserves to be worked in silks if you can.

I am so pleased that you have been able to use your discount voucher.

Inguna said...

It is a very beautiful sampler! Looking forward to see your progress8

Gabi said...

Great stitching. Janet is such a beautiful sampler with such gorgeous colors.
I totally understand that you want to stitch her in silk. I love silks too. :)