Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Thursday, 14 February 2013

Lucretia Maus

I was hoping by this time to be done with Lucretia's border, a rather stitch heavy affair. This is my first foray into queen stitches and I have to say that while I do love them, they take an inordinate amount of time and thread. The effect they create makes up for all of this, however, I am not as far along as I'd like to be. I am doing charity stitching for the Embassy at the moment, which is quite time consuming.

I love Lucretia's vibrant colors and hope to be working on her insides within the week.


I am stitching this on 10.5 cm Gander (approx 28 count) Nacre linen instead of the provided 25 count linen. Gander linen is amazing, I just love it.

Thank you again Nicola and Jo for making such a wonderful forum possible. I receive daily inspiration from all the members of this group.

Heather

16 comments:

Krista said...

So pretty that border, all queen stitches? This is such a colorful sampler, it will be a fun stitch!

Kevin said...

Beautiful border! I'm not familiar with Queen stitches, but this looks amazing!

Lanie said...

Look at that border! ... how pretty! That's a lot of work ... you are doing a fabulous job!

Elizabeth said...

This is fab. I love the queen stitches - they look quite complicated though!

Nicola said...

They may be time consuming but the effect is so very, very beautiful. Congratulations on such perfect queen stitches.

Stitch Wizard said...

This is just beautiful and the queen stitches look so lacy and really add to this project. I am sure you are an expert at doing them too after doing so many! Beautiful work!

Tommye said...

Ooooh, love the queen stitches!! Well done.

I may have to pull this one out of my stash and start it.

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

I love this border.
Your stitching is gorgeous!

I have not seen Gander linen in the USA yet. I have seen it online from France. It looks lovely.

Kathy said...

We'll have to call you the Queen of Queen Stitches. They look perfect and the border is fantastic.

Deb said...

Oh my goodness, that border is beautiful, but all those Queen Stitches. Like Kathy said above, we will have to call you the Queen of Queen Stitches.

Kielrain said...

I love your Queen stitches!

Fiona said...

A very pretty border. I wish my queen stitfhes looked as good as your stitches do.

Faye said...

All those queen stitches will be worth it!!! Just stunning....

Gabi said...

Beautiful border. Those queen stitches are looking fantastic

Cindy L said...

Your queen stitshes are absolutely beautiful!

Ellen said...

Wow, gorgeous! Just love that border with the queen stitch flowers!

Hugs,