Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Monday, 4 February 2013

More of Dorothy

Dorothy in her glory!!

A little bit closer, you can see the Rice Stitches better in this one, that row is so pretty!!

And here she is, a little more of the overall effect.  I have to say that I am more and more loving this sampler.  She is just so pretty and really so much fun to work on.  I worked on it last night while watching the Super Bowl and I finished this first black line of the bargello and then worked up to the next rows.  There are four rows above it and then another black one and I did all four of those.  Then I will go down below.  On the left side where I have stopped with the border vine is about where the bargello/flame stitch ends.  So there is a nice area, not too big or too small.  Then after that area comes the beautiful floral area, I think it is a little less than half of the sampler.

As I said, I am loving this sampler and to work on it is really a joy.  Thank you to all of you for your posts, all the tips and ideas I have gotten are great.


And a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Nicola!!!!

8 comments:

Mindi said...

Dorothy is looking gorgeous! The bargello band is one of my favorite parts of her, I'm looking forward to seeing more of your WIP pictures.

Krista said...

Dorothy is looking gorgeous! All the detail and color is amazing on this sampler. I can't wait to start her too!

Lanie said...

It is easy to see why you are enjoying Dorothy! Every part of her is pretty. Your stitching is lovely!

Kathy said...

Glad you are enjoying your sampler. You picked one of the prettiest and most popular ones!!

Nicola said...

WOW, Dorothy is looking AMAZING. You are making wonderful progress, you will need to start thinking about your next project soon.

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Absolutely Fabulous!

Great progress and I am so glad you are having a marvelous time working your Dorothy - it shows.

Lori said...

I LOVE it!! Your stitching is beautiful.

Jane in Wisconsin said...

I have this in my stash. I am enjoying seeing your progress!