Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Saturday, 2 February 2013

My Start on Jane Atkinson 1780

My new project Jane Atkinson came in last week and I have made a small start on it.  I am just loving the bright colors in this one and enjoying it so much!   My wonderful husband Jerry built me a new frame to stitch it on and he finished it just today!  I can't tell you how touched I am and how much I love it!!   He is a designer as well as a machinist  and wood worker so I feel like I am a very lucky woman in that he would take the time to make something like this for me.  He really loves working with wood and he does lots of turning with his lathe.  I am also working on Elizabeth Sheffield and plan to put up a post on her very soon as well!   Thank you all for the nice comments on Elizabeth Sheffield too!

10 comments:

KB said...

What a great start on Jane.. you will love stitching her.. and hats off to Jerry.. what a wonderful frame he made you..you are a lucky woman!! and DH is a keeper.. Looking forward to seeing your updates on both Jane and Elizabeth

SonjaC said...

I have to say I am a little jealous of the frame!! Jane is going to be wonderful, after looking at so many samplers I have decided that I want them all. I will look forward to seeing more of your project.

Krista said...

Great new start! Your husband did a wonderful job on the frame.

Deb said...

Great start and you are so fortunate that your husband is skilled in woodworking so that he can make you the scroll rods. The colors are so pretty in this sampler.

Gabi said...

What a beautiful start. Jane Atkinson is such a beauty.
Love also your new frame. Your husband is very talented indeed. :)

Nicola said...

How wonderful to have a husband who is so talented. He has made an excellent job of making your frame, it looks sturdy. Your Jane is looking so beautiful. I hope that you enjoy her as much as I am.

Lanie said...

What a wonderful gift from your husband! Your frame looks wonderful. I hope you enjoy stitching Jane. She certainly is one of the pretty girls!

Elizabeth said...

Jane is looking good. It is always so nice to have something to use that has been made by someone just for you.

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Great start on Jane.

You are blessed with a thoughtful husband. It sounds like Jerry surprised you with it. Very happy for you.

Debbie Bauer said...

This is a beautiful sampler and I just love the colors.I am still waiting for my for my Emma Miles to arrive.Hopefully it will Monday.I love your new frame.I bought a slit rail frame from Michaels and I am soo.. disappointed.I convinced my husband that since he wasn't able to make me one that I should order a milenium frame(lol).Got to love him he is so supportive!