Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Tuesday, 12 February 2013

Pokey Progress

Many thanks to Nicola for sponsoring this wonderful blog.  I am having a wonderful time reading everyone's posts and seeing all your progress.  Of course, my stash of Scarlet Letter charts is rapidly increasing, along with many of the you I'm sure.  Those of you doing the Manifesto Stitch Along are inspiring.  I haven't ordered this chart..............yet!

I am making very pokey progress on my two samplers........life is just getting in the way.  I am working An All Was For An Appil on a beautiful 36 count Rock Quarry linen.  It's a bit blotchy (in a good way) bluish gray.  For some reason my camera is totally washing out the colors.  Perhaps I'll have to see if I can get my old camera fired up again as it's colors were a bit closer to normal. 


Jane Atkinson is also languishing in my stitching basket.  I haven't been able to put a stitch into her in a couple of months.  Of course, she is on a 40 count fabric which I have trouble seeing without using my magnifier.  I wish I didn't love the way the stitches look on this fabric as I'd like to make stitching easy on my eyes!  I just love the beautiful colors in this one.


8 comments:

SonjaC said...

I am swooning over every Jane Atkinson. I have just ordered the chart when I ordered the Manifesto. this challenge is really a challenge!! I empathize with your magnification/40 count issue, mine as well. Keep up the beautiful work.

Lanie said...

Your work is beautiful, Jane! I too love the 40 ct but must use a magnifying lamp AND reading glasses... argh...but it helps get it done!

Dona said...

That is a pretty piece of linen. I love the mottling on it. Beautiful work on Jane A., too!

Fiona said...

I love working on 40ct too, but obviously need my glasses prescription changed as I have to use my magnifier too. Great progress on your pieces.

Nicola said...

I really wish I could work on 40ct and even bought some linen but I knew I just could not see well enough.

Your two samplers are some of my favourites.

Deb said...

You have two beautiful samplers going. And pokey progress is some progress and they're both looking great!

Jane in Wisconsin said...

So I will soon be drooling over your progress the Manifesto!

Jane in Wisconsin said...

I am glad to hear that I'm not the only person to have trouble seeing the 40 count fabric! But I really love the way the samplers look on 40 count.