Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Tuesday, 19 February 2013

Rebecca Robinson update...

...Greetings fellow sampler lovers.....

I wanted to share my update of dear sweet Rebecca Robinson....

(Please click on photos for the best view...)




The roof has been fully installed, the fences done along with the third house's framework completed... My heart skipped a beat earlier today when I noticed those fences....




...take a closer look...





..yikes!! Apparently the fence finales on the right were to be smaller and less chunky than those on the left.... I just KNEW I was facing a ton of frogging.... But, alas, after double checking, another one of Rebecca's small variances within the sampler.... I keep reminding myself, she was only 11 years old!




..many of her sampler motifs are quite simple....the creations of a young schoolgirl...

I am SO enjoying getting to know Rebecca..



Hoping everyone has a fantastic workweek.....

Blessings,

Faye



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

11 comments:

KathieB said...

The irregularities and asymmetrical elements are why I love authentic repros. Rebecca did it her own way, didn't she?.... By the way, your work is beautiful.

Nicola said...

Such beautiful stitching Faye.

Rebecca packed a lot of stitches into her sampler.

Dona said...

So pretty, Faye! I love the fence, too. Rebecca R. is a sweet sampler.

Frances Seng said...

Beautifull work Faye. I love to stitch her someday.

Rachel F said...

Loved looking at your work when I opened the pictures. Your stitching is so perfect and the overall effect - lovely!
Also, so helpful to know ahead another inconsistency so I don't recount 20 times. :-)

woolwoman said...

really pretty Faye - you are flying! enjoy it - Melody

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Rebecca is really coming along.
She looks marvelous!

Lanie said...

Wonderful work, I have learned to love the "irregularities" in these samplers but I do wonder if the young girls fussed over them as we do or just went with the flow! One of the benefits of youth!

Kevin said...

BEAUTIFUL! Another one added to my Scarlet Letter MUST BUY list! :-)

Cindy L said...

Faye, your stitching is just beautiful! It is fun to try and figure out what Rebecca was thinking when she stitched the piece.

Fiona said...

Great progress on Rebecca, would never have noticed the fences.