Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Friday, 1 February 2013

Sarah Stuart Update

Happy February, stitching friends!

I've reached the one month mark with Sarah Stuart. She is coming along ... still bright and colorful! I am continuing to play around with some of the shades which slows up the stitching progress a bit. But the cold, icy, frigid, snowy weather I keep complaining about has been perfect for getting cozy under a warm throw and stitch, stitch, stitching the day away! As for the household chores, well that's when my Scarlett O'Hara comes out ...  "I can't think about that now.  I'll think about that tomorrow" ... Yep, that's about right!

Here are a few progress photos. It is a grey, dreary day so I've had to play around with the coloration a little. I'm hoping her colors show well on your monitor.

 


 

 As I've said before, I am loving being a part of the SLY. All of your beautiful stitching is so inspiring, and reading your posts has kept me motivated. It is great to take a closer look at some of the SL samplers that I haven't really studied before. And I am falling in love with the pictorial samplers. I cannot wait for those of you who ordered the Manifesto to get it started!

It looks like we are going to have some great fun this month celebrating our friend, Nicola! My dear, I hope you are having as much fun with your celebration as all of us are!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

21 comments:

Merry Wind Farm said...

Hi, Lanie,
Sarah looks wonderful, love the colors. Speaking of Scarlett, I just watched GWTW again the other night. Still spectacular!
Melinda

Angie Burrett said...

Lanie, those colours are amazing - it is looking great and your stitching is perfect. And as for housework - the dust and cobwebs just have to take a back seat in my home - NOTHING comes before my sewing! Hence the spiders are having big fun! But for me, like you, curling up by the fire on a cold wet afternoon with my SL project takes a lot of beating! Have a great sewing weekend.

Cindy L said...

Lanie, your Sarah is coming along beautifully. I can see why you don't want to put it down.

Nicola said...

I am definitely having lots of fun and making such wonderful friends. Pin pals are the best.

Sarah is a stunner and has really come on. I cannot think of anything better than to snuggle down with a SL sampler and stitch the day away.

Inguna said...

It looks wonderful! It makes me want to take my chart out, kit it up and start... :)

Krista said...

Gorgeous progress on Sarah. I love all the colors and flowers on this one.

Mindi said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Lovely colors to work with when its cold and dreary.

HollyXSing said...

Lanie:

I LOBE theis sampler...the colors are so inspiring! You are doing a wonderful job!

I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Stitches,

-Holly in VA

Mary said...

Lanie, she's gorgeous! It's so much fun to see how vibrant these pieces really are when they are worked. Enjoy the perfect stitching weather - spring will be there soon enough.

Gabi said...

What a beautiful sampler. Love it.

Vera said...

Gorgeous sampler. I love it.

Serena B said...

Your stitching and SS sampler is so beautiful,and the colours are lovely.

Dawn said...

This is a beautiful piece! I love the colors and design. Thank you for sharing - so much temptation here ;-)

Tommye said...

Wow! You're making amazing progress. It's stunning.

Kathy said...

Just beautiful!

x stitcher said...

I love the colors in this piece...wonderful stitching!

Alex

Debbie Bauer said...

Sarah Stuart is a beautiful sampler.And the colors are stunning.Your stitching is inspiring.I think this one is going on my wish list.

Debbie

SonjaC said...

Sarah is gorgeous, the colors are wonderful and you have progressed amazingly!

Deb said...

I love the colors in this sampler. I almost started it once and then wasn't sure about it, but now that I see yours, I'm definitely going to have to add it to the lineup!! So pretty!

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Lanie, your work is marvelous!

I love watching your progress.

samplerlover said...

Have always liked this sampler. I'm enjoying watching your progress.

What a wonderful day watching GWTHW and working on a beautiful sampler. Love reading the book. Read it every now and then. -Sandra.