Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Monday, 25 February 2013

Sarah Stuart Update

Hello friends!

I think it's two weeks that I've missed posting. You all know how it is ... even though we wish we could stitch each day away, there comes a time when other commitments and responsibilities demand our attention ... phooey!

Since my last post I've completed a few more motifs on Sarah Stuart,  finished the second line of the over 1 verse, and then I got distracted by the big, red, brick house! Couldn't resist any longer. Generally I prefer to work the sampler in "order" but it appears I'm a little all over the place at the present time. That's OK ... gives me a variety of areas to stitch ... a little of the verse, a motif or two, a few more bricks on the house ...

So here she is. Please excuse the slightly disheveled appearance!





So that's about it for now. Hope you all have a wonderful week!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

20 comments:

Merry Wind Farm said...

Hi, Lanie,
Beautiful work on Sarah Stuart. The house is wonderful, you are certainly coming along nicely!
Melinda

Debbie Bauer said...

Your stitching is beautiful. Love the colors.

Deb said...

Oh goodness, I love the colors in this one. I have the chart, but have to admit that it looks so much better stitched. Are you using DMC or AVAS?

Nicola said...

The colours are so fresh, just love it. Miss Stuart is growing.

H and T said...

This is just beautiful Lanie! This piece just jumped onto my SL wish list for sure. I'd like to second the question about thread type. Are you using silks or cotton? Those colors are just incredibly rich and lovely.

Thank you.
Heather

MoonBeam said...

Nice work. I like that you are letting your needle go where she wants to travel next. Why not? Just count and recount!

Keep up the great work.

Bobbi

Jenny said...

Lanie your sampler is wonderful. I too will add this to my ever growing list...Ohhh so many samplers, so little time...lol...I am in love with the house, your red brick is beautiful! Happy Stitching!

Kathy said...

Lanie, your stitching looks so good on this! And, the colors just pop right off the fabric....love it!

SonjaC said...

Really, really beautiful, I can't wait to see more.

Angie Burrett said...

I just love the house, and I would do as you have done because I just could not have resisted building that house! Beautiful stitching Lanie, SS is looking good.

Krista said...

Beautiful stitching, Lanie! She reminds me of Spring!

santadeb said...

OH I love this one, as if I don't have enough samplers in my WIP file. Thanks so much for showing us your progress

Cindy L said...

Lanie, I love your sampler and will have to add to my wish list too!

HollyXSing said...

Lanie:

Wow, I love this sampler! I think I already have the chart!

What a looker!

Happy Stitches,

-Holly in VA

Faye said...

Great job Lanie.... I love the house and REALLY love the basket of flowers!,

Cheri said...

Wow that brick work is wonderful, the whole thing is just beautiful.

queenstownsamplerdesigns said...

Your work is coming along nicely.

Really beautiful!

Lanie said...

Thank you for the nice comments, everyone! Sarah's colors are very pretty and "springlike". Deb and Heather, I am using AVAS fibers although I have substituted some of the charted shades.

ilana kaye said...

Beautiful work...one of my favorites. Thank you for sharing.

Fiona said...

A very pretty sampler, you seem to have made quite a bit of progress, even though you have been hopping about on it.