Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Saturday, 23 February 2013

Slow and Steady

I haven't posted lately because most of what I've done for several days is laying the foundation for the cutwork. It's been fairly trauma free, except for cutting the wrong thread a couple of times. But I've done that enough over the years that the repair work doesn't even raise my blood pressure any more. 
The vertical bars are all wrapped...BORING. Now I'm wrapping the horizontal bars and adding the dove's eyes. Although on 40 count, who can tell?! Once they're all in you'll be able to actually see the pattern, but now they're just little blobs.  After that, I get to go back and add more needleweaving and some other filling stitch that I haven't even bothered to investigate.

18 comments:

KB said...

Tommye your piece looks fantastic!! My hats goes off to you... great job on all the cutting and needleweaving on 40 ct!! Looking foreward to seeing you finish

Nicola said...

Looking good Tommye, what thread are you using to wrap with?

Kevin said...

This is absolutely stunning!

Bhooma said...

Looking great Tommye. You are doing awesome job.

Dawn said...

Beautiful! This is a very special piece.
Thanks for sharing - I might have to put this one on the list to purchase. I love cutwork.

Diana said...

Wow, love the cut-work so far!

Jenny said...

Your sampler is absolutely lovely! Three cheers for your cutwork...I can hardly wait to see this one finished!

KathieB said...

Speechless. This will be a showstopper, for sure!

Angela Cruz-Garcia said...

Wow!!! Loving your work. Thank you for sharing.

Tommye said...

Nicola, the wrapping and weaving is done with one strand of floss. I kinda wish I had changed it to dentelle 80. The floss tends to get a little fuzzy because you have to work with long strands to get all the way across the row.

Elizabeth said...

This is just beautiful Tommye.

SallyFr said...

A stunning piece of work, I love how the red flowers stand out. I am in awe of anyone who can do cutwork after completing so much stitching.

Cindy L said...

Your stitching is absolutely gorgeous!

Kathy said...

This is just gorgeous! I give you a full 5 out of 5 stars on your needlework!!! I'm sure I wouldn't have the patience nor the nerves to attempt this. ;)

MoonBeam said...

Beautiful stitching. I'm not as courageous as you with the cut work.

Can't wait to see more.

Bobbi

Lanie said...

Tommye, your sampler is such a work of art ... so beautiful!

ilana kaye said...

Absolutely stunning..... thank you for sharing.

Fiona said...

WOW the cutwork looks amazing. I have done some hardanger, a few times, and cutting the threads is always really stressful. You have done an amazing job and so brave.