Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Thursday, 7 February 2013

Started on Rebecca Robinson

I got started on Rebecca Robinson on Sunday night 2/3.  It was a very nervous start, as I was so afraid to miscalculate the spacing on the linen.  The linen was a wonderful gift, it is Edinburgh creme 36ct.  I am using the AVAS threads per the chart instructions.

Despite all my deliberating and measuring and comparing chart to pictured model, here is what I did:

It was so exciting to see the design unfold, I didn't pay proper attention and will now need to pull out my first two flowers!  I don't know another way to correct it.  The second flower leaf was to join the potted flower at row seven, not nine! My error will pull the rest of the pattern out of alignment both from top to bottom and side to side.  Well, I won't get to have any fun stitching tonight.  Once baths and bedtime routines are completed I will get to pull stitches!

I hope you all have a clearer head than I do when you get to work next!

Thank you to Nicola and Jo for being so patient with me!  They have answered every question and posted for me.  I am truly loving just following this blog!  Even if I can't finish, I feel delighted to be participating.  I am so out of my league, but feel very welcome!

Rachel

5 comments:

Elaine said...

beautiful stitching Rachel! sometimes the hardest part is just starting.

Cindy L said...

Rachel, hang in there. At least you discovered it early in the sampler.Your stitching is beautiful. Looking forward to updates.

Nicola said...

Rachel don't worry, we have all had to unpick where we have gone wrong. You should have been with me last Thursday to see my mistake !!!!

Some stitchers like to tack lines on their linen, a bit like graph paper, to assist with counting.

Your stitching looks beautiful and as Cindy said you discovered the mistake early on.

I think you will definitely finish before February 2014.

Dawn said...

Beautiful! I too have had to reverse stitch ;-)
Thanks for sharing.

Merry Wind Farm said...

Hi, Rachel,
Sorry to hear that you have to ripit! :( I can remember well how the honeysuckle border on Rebecca just gave me fits! I had so much trouble with the unattached border, but the end result is well worth it.
Melinda