Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Tuesday, 5 February 2013

Stitching for Sanity


It's been an eventful few days at my house and I've been stitching up a storm to compensate.  The knot garden on Margret Gatis is done and that ends the over three threads work on this piece. The rest of it should be a piece of cake.
 The knot garden is mostly cross stitch, with a little backstitch, satin stitch and buttonhole eyelets thrown in for fun.  The "MARGReT GATIS" is supposed to be in Algerian eye, but they have a tendency to be lopsided so I just used Smyrna cross instead. I think they are prettier anyway.
I hope to be down to the cutwork/needleweaving by the weekend.  And another week after that should mean a big finish.

17 comments:

~mj~ said...

I also stitch in times of stress! Your Margret is looking gorgeous!! I think I just have to order this sampler...at least the chart. You must be thrilled with being so close to the finish!

Nicola said...

Margret is so beautiful Tommye, I ordered her after your first post.

Bhooma said...

I need to stitch this too!! Your Gatis is so gorgeous!!

Stitch Wizard said...

Your Margaret really is just beautiful Tommye and the colors are just gorgeous! You are going to have her done in no time!

PoundingSand said...

This is so beautiful! Thank you for sharing.

Kate

Kathy said...

Your stitching is just beautiful.

Katherine said...

How lovely!

Ellen said...

Tommye, your sampler is exquisite!

Mary said...

Margret is breath taking!

Stitch Wizard said...

Gosh this is just gorgeous!! It just is so amazing to see your beautiful stitching on it!

Tommye said...

Thanks, ladies. You are all so kind. It's so great to be in a group where you get so much encouragement. I probably wouldn't have picked this up for months if not for you all.

Elizabeth said...

This is stunning Tommye. That needle of yours must be flying!

Cindy L said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

anniebeez said...

This sampler is incredibly beautiful! I just love all of the stitches, and your work is just gorgeous!

brod'attitude said...

Fantastic sampler. Lot of work

Lanie said...

Tommye, your Margret Gatis is beautiful! Your stitching is perfect! I cannot imagine how stunning this sampler must be in person.

Tinka said...

Your stitching is beautiful!