Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Sunday, 10 February 2013

Stitching revisited

At a weekend of quilting with good friends I have been drawn back to the world of cross stitch after a more than 20 year absence.  My friends were talking about the SL charts and Nicola's challenge. The intrigue was building in me as I listened to their excitement. I thought about joining the challenge hesitantly because it has been such a long time since I stitched.  After arriving home, I went through some things that I had saved after my mother passed over 11 years ago.  She was a gifted textile artist.  My decision was solidified when I found tucked away, two SL kits that my mother had never started.  One is the Heloise Williams Sampler and the other is the Meriah Howell Sampler.  I'm excited to join the stitch a long and excited to stitch two samplers picked out by my mother years ago.
Betsy from Waukesha, Wisconsin, USA  

9 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Wow! That's a great story - obviously meant to be!

KathieB said...

Yay Betsy! We're in this together...

Jenny said...

What a treasure to find these kits. They will always hold a special in your heart! Welcome!

Katherine said...

Welcome Betsy! And what a wonderful story. I look forward to your progress.

FlyawayJil said...

Wow! One of these has a by-line stating "limited edition." What a treasure!

Nicola said...

Dear Bets,

Firstly a very warm welcome to the group. Your post has really touched me. It is wonderful that you are stitching two kits of your Mother's, they are to be cherished.

I will be following your progress with great interest.

Fiona said...

Welcome and I am looking forward to watching your progress on the two samplers chosen so long ago by your mother. Your story really moved me.

woolwoman said...

what a great story Betsy - welcome and I hope you enjoy your return to stitching - its a great group with loads of inspiration. Melody

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Some things are just meant to be! It's one of the reasons I called my blog Serendipitous Stitching because everything happens for a reason and my stitching life just comes together so nicely!