Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Wednesday, 20 February 2013

THANK YOU

What can I say - you are the most amazing group of friends that anyone could ever wish for.

My ipad started beeping at 5.30 this morning with emails coming in and has not stopped, it is now 3.30 in the afternoon and I haven't even made it into my kitchen !!!! 

I will answer every one but I have to get ready now to go out for a celebratory meal.

Thank you, each and everyone of you for making this the most amazing birthday ever.


A very quick stitching update. 


Jane Atkinson



I have been having great fun with Jane and despite not picking up a needle on Friday I am pleased with my progress. I have decided not to stitch the creepy crawly insects and will replace them with ladybirds and bees.




SDW




My sister and her girls came for the weekend, we tired them out with lots of Cornish sea air and they retired early on Saturday night so I managed to get two hours in and a few more letters. Hopefully I will achieve more next Saturday.

Sunday afternoon was spent on Manifesto




Ray thinks this frame is hysterical as my arm span is not wide enough to tighten it by myself. He could not resist taking this photo.





Here is my progress after Thursday evening (in lieu of the earlier aborted Sunday session) and this Sunday. It is such a fun stitch. I was going to concentrate on outlining but there were so many distractions I ended up taking the easy option with some colouring in.




I have to finish with a photo of Archie, he is thriving and our family is so blessed having him.

10 comments:

Erica near Chicago said...

Happy Birthday Nicola. Thank you for sharing the gift of this blog with us.

Stitch Wizard said...

What a wonderful post Nicola! Your little grand baby Archie is so adorable too. I love your photos of your stitching here. The ladybirds and bees sounds like a really good idea. I love them too! I hope this is a very special day for you all day long and one with many good memories!

Much Love

SallyFr said...

Nicola, thanks for taking time on your Birthday to post to us all. Hope you enjoy your celebratory meal.

I had to 'crack up' laughing when I saw your husband's photo of your very definately oversized frame on the Needles Necessity stand. Well, needs must and I am sure you are finding it a wonderful help with this particular kit.

I do hope your order arrives soon from Somerset, but seeing this picture, I expect your "proper" bars will almost be the same size.

Please can you check your spam folder just in case the on-line card was placed there.

Cindy L said...

Happy Birthday Nicola!! So glad to see you are finding time to stitch and were able to start your Manifesto. Your stitching projects are absolutely beautiful.
Archie is adorable!
Enjoy your meal and the rest of your day!!!

Angie Burrett said...

Wonderful post from an inspirational lady on her extra special day xx

Rhonda said...

Happy Belated Brithday Nicola. What an amazing journey we are all on with the SAL. Love Jane & can't wait to start Manifesto. Your little Archie is precious.

joann mccormick said...

Happy Belated Birthday Nicola! I'm sorry to have to tack my wishes on to your post but I don't know how to start a new post on your blog! Wishing you many more bdays to come! Joann

joann mccormick said...

Happy Belated Birthday Nicola! I'm sorry to have to tack my wishes on to your post but I don't know how to start a new post on your blog! Wishing you many more bdays to come! Joann

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Sounds like you had a great Birthday in between reading emails and opening presents. Archie is looking as cute as ever. The long frame for Manifesto does make me smile. You should attach a copy of it to the back of framed piece, Grandma Nicola at work on her masterpiece!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Sounds like you had a great Birthday in between reading emails and opening presents. Archie is looking as cute as ever. The long frame for Manifesto does make me smile. You should attach a copy of it to the back of framed piece, Grandma Nicola at work on her masterpiece!