Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Sunday, 3 February 2013

Theresa/OctoberLace - Joining in with SDW A German Band Sampler circa 1710

I've been looking at The Scarlet Letter and going through all the lovely samplers there and have chosen SDW A German Band Sampler circa 1710 as the piece I will stitch for Nicola's challenge.  I still have to get my chart, fabric, and fiber, but I do look forward to stitching this as a companion piece to And They Sinned by Examplar Dames, which I will be starting as soon as my Lakeside Linen fabric arrives.  Both are about the same height, and with any luck I'll have them both finished in the next year.

Theresa (blogging as OctoberLace)

4 comments:

Nicola said...

A very warm welcome Theresa, it is so good to have you participating.

SDW is such a fun stitch and we are enjoying seeing the motifs growing each week on our mini sal.

Krista said...

Great choice, Theresa! SDW is a real fun stitch, I am sure you will enjoy it.

Cheri said...

Welcome, this is a beautiful sampler. I love the church and peacock in the design. It will be a wonderful companion to ATS, a sampler on my to do list.
Happy Stitching

Vera said...

Both are samplers I would love to stitch. I'll enjoy watching your progress. Welcome to the group!