Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Friday, 1 February 2013

Update Circling Alphabet

Here's my update on Circling Alphabet. It has been such a fun piece and like a good novel, I hate to see it come to an end. I am not sure why there are 2 "V" on the bottom right side unless just for filler. The center box is for my initials and date.

Question: Do you initial and date reproduction samplers?




Nicola,  Happy Birth Month!  Thank you so much for your kindness,  encouragement and generosity to us all. This has become my favourite blog ( 1 & 2) because of all the photos , encouragement and tips by enthusiastic stitchers. I might not have considered some SL samplers in the past but being able to see the WIPs has added to my wish list.
Many blessings to you this month and throughout the years to come!

Cindy L

6 comments:

Dona said...

Cindy, you are almost done with your sampler! That's great.

I do inital and date my samplers, usually right on the sampler. I've seen many stitchers stitch their name in the outside border where it's not seen after it's framed and have thought about trying that.

Merry Wind Farm said...

Hi, Cindy,
Your alphabet sampler looks great! I do initial and date my samplers in the bottom right hand corner. Sometimes I put an entire line that reads " Name , her work finished Date in Place.
Melinda

Nicola said...

Thank you Cindy for your good wishes.

Your alphabet sampler is so pretty. I love the simplicity and balance of her.

I try and put my name and year on the sampler somewhere. I never used to but look back now at some of my earlier work and regret the ommission.

Tommye said...

It's lovely.

I usually inital and date a reproduction sampler in the margin of the fabric that will not show when framed. That way if sometime in the distant future someone unframes it, they'll know it isn't original and maybe figure out who stitched the repro. :)

Kathy said...

Looking pretty. This is really a cute sampler.

x stitcher said...

I don't initial my reproduction samplers...but that is just me. You can always sign the back of the framed piece.

Alex