Margaret Randolph

Margaret Randolph
Margaret Randolph stitched by Jenny

Translate

Saturday, 23 February 2013

You could not make this up if you tried!!

I also received a copy of The Four Quakers group of charts and just had to take a look at these as well.  I cut off the edge of the polythene covering and made plans for stitching these in the future as well. 

My husband brings me a mug of tea and he is followed into the room by two of our cats.  The cats start chasing each other, the mug of tea gets knocked over and goes all over the charts, the photo, frontspiece and cardboard - and would you believe it, the liquid even flows into the polythene covering.

The charts, so beautifully produced on some sort of shiny paper, stick to each other and I try to peel them apart.  The top printed surface of the patterns are totally destroyed in so many places.

Cats will be cats, even though I am trying to train this bunch.   Never again, will I open charts in front of mugs of tea and cats.

11 comments:

Elaine said...

I feel your pain Sally! I have a mad Golden Retriever who is always knocking things flying with his tail, difficult to tell him off when he is wagging his tail because he is so happy and thinks he is being good!!

Lelia said...

: (

oh, ouch

Jenny said...

Oh my gosh, I too can relate. I have a black and white cat who is my shadow. When I am stitching, she has to be right there...right next to me. (It doesn't help that she has an addiction to floss, and has to paw at it and play with it etc). The other night while I was stitching she batted at the floss which I managed to pull away just in time, only to hook her little paw in the handle of my favorite pair of scissors and then proceed to FLING my scissors across the floor. And yes, there was a cup of tea at my elbow which only just managed to stay out of the action. Somehow through all of this we still manage to love our fur babies.

Lanie said...

Oh dear, Sally!

Tommye said...

Ouch! I feel your pain. In fact, most of us with pets have. But it could have been worse. You could have been almost done with one and spilled tea on your stitching! Not the way you want to tea-dye your fabric!

Debbie Bauer said...

omg... I feel for you. I think I will put away my coffee mug this evening. I have 2 dogs and I am babysitting my daughters 2 dogs until tommorrow.

Stitch Wizard said...

We used to have some bigger dogs, and one day 2 of them ran across the livingroom and knocked one of my 200.00 lamps on the floor and it broke. I cried over that and have never been able to replace it. It matched another one that we still have. Still my life is so much happier and full of love with my fur babies and I never would want to live without my little dogs. They are our children!

SallyFr said...

Luckily I had not opened my Manifesto chart, but as another poster has remarked, at least I had no stitching around.

I just love the American term, "furbabies".

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I think I live with two cats who went to the same school as your cats. I have lost count of the number of my craft things they have destroyed since they came to live with us:-)

Stitch Wizard said...

SallyFr I hope you are getting this problem with your charts solved! Gosh I feel so bad for you. You asked me if Jerry can make you a thread holder with a cat. Please go to www.woodentreasures.info. He wanted me to send you a photo of a shape of a cat but I don't know how to contact you. If you are interested, he can help you there. Thank you!

Fiona said...

oops, what a disaster:)